Page 195 of 325 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,329 to 2,340 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    are we expexting some list changes yet.
    There are always list changes. Buddy, Paddy, Hicks. I wonder what Josh Kennedy would be like as a mids coach?

These players would have to be on the delisting table;

Owen
    Gould (although I still think he has value)
    Edwards
    Clarke
    Sheather
    Mitchell
    Rankin
    Hall-Khan

Although I think the last two are safe.

I have also been led to believe we are in talks to bring in an Irishman. A Key Defensive prospect maybe?

Sent from my CPH2471 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Reports from 7sport that we are now out of the race for Ben McKay. I'm sure there will be more than a few on here that will be delighted by this news, but I'm not one of them.

This sucks as getting both him and Grundy would have been a perfect off season IMO.

199cm intercept marking defender's don't grow on trees, and that was a major weakness for us in 2023 once Paddy went down as I believe we were ranked 18th in the league for intercept marking.

Looking at the top sides, they all have elite intercept markers in defence as it has become a real weapon in the game! First Barrass (who is excellent at intercepting) and now missing out on McKay, I wonder where we'll head next...

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    I said the same thing either here or on Big Footy over a week ago. He was never interested in an interstate move

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It’s not ‘Cat B rookies’. It’s all rookies.
    I got confused by different information between the Swans' website and Footywire.

Checking again, the Swans' website shows all rookies, including Cat B, as drafted in the same year as the ND. It's just Footywire that shows Cat B rookies in the following year. for example, the Swans website shows Edwards and Magor as drafted in 2022, but Footywire shows Edwards as drafted in 2023 and Magor in 2022.

I use Footywire a lot for these references, because it's quicker with a better list presentation than the Swans' website. I don't know why I never noticed this before, Maybe there's been a recent change on how this is presented. Maybe it's just my poor vision playing tricks on me. Who knows?

Sorry for littering RWO with this nonsense.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    There are always list changes. Buddy, Paddy, Hicks. I wonder what Josh Kennedy would be like as a mids coach?

Owen
    Edwards
    Clarke
    Sheather
    Mitchell
    Rankin
    Hall-Khan

I have also been led to believe we are in talks to bring in an Irishman. A Key Defensive prospect maybe?

Mitchell was only drafted last year so will have a two year deal at least.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

Owen
    Edwards
    Clarke
    Sheather
    Mitchell
    Rankin
    Hall-Khan

I’d definitely be keeping Edwards. He’s got a way to go, but he improved a fair bit, he’s got attributes that could see him succeed at AFL level, and he’s a big unit who moves well.

As for McDonald down back, no. I’m sure he could do it, but he’s exceptional down forward. He would have been close to a 40 goal forward in just his third year if he’d played every game, and for the next decade will be a 50 goal plus a season player who has high footy IQ, a huge tank and elite field kicking skills. They are a rare breed and we’re blessed to have him.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Is Ben Brown injured? Not sure why he didn't play v Blues.
    He was/is injured, think he’s done at AFL level

FWIW I’ve never rated him as a player anyway. Is a one trick pony who can’t take a contested mark and is a liability when the ball hits the ground. I’ve always said he needs to kick at least 4 goals in a game to make up for what he leaks the other way

Sir Dane always loved playing on him as he basically played as a loose man once he killed the marking contest

Senior Player
    Yeah. Not great when ball hits the ground. They did cry out for someone like him to take grabs v Carlton.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    My sense of Sheather is he’s a desperate player and physical, but a bit limited in his scope. He reminds me a bit of James Bell in that he’s got some attributes that make him a strong contributor at VFL level, but no defining attribute that allows him to prosper at AFL level and his position is a bit uncertain.Having said that, I’ve only watched so much of him so happy to be told I’m wrong. I know he has a couple of fans on here and our old mate The Bloods certainly rated him.
    Dunno how much value I'd place in opinions of 'old mate, the Bloods'.Rowie?

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    A tall from Bullies who are pre agents, Naughton or Ugle Hagan

Try Barrass again, eagles could end up with a mozza if picks if they moved Number 1 as well

Sicily, Weitering, Cox, chase a gun ask the question

We dont need kids, put 2 pick together and see if it moves someone
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    A tall from Bullies who are pre agents, Naughton or Ugle Hagan

Try Barrass again, eagles could end up with a mozza if picks if they moved Number 1 as well

Sicily, Weitering, Cox, chase a gun ask the question

We dont need kids, put 2 pick together and see if it moves someone
    Absolutely not. None of those are even vaguely available. Barrass has said no. What would we do with Naughton? Make him CHB? Because for a forward he does not do enough. Ugje-Hagan will never be available to us after Buddy ignored him. The kid just wanted Bud to acknowledge him but he gave him the cold shoulder.

I laughed when you said Sicily & Weitering. They both have long term contracts & are not going anywhere. Cox? I presume Brennan Cox? Contracted until the end of 2024 & about to be offered another contract. As he is from Woodville-West Torrens I am sure Crows & Power have already tested the waters. No hope.

We have all the KD elements but just need a young key defender to develop. List;

McCartin
    Melican (was really good in the middle of thx year. If hd can stay fit & return in that form we have a strong option)

Francis (did some good things this year. Probably a learning curve for him. I just worry about his mind fades)

Arnold (He has developed really well in the reserves)

Edwards (if we retain him. Needs a lot of development. Can do the hard stuff. No nonsense defender. But brain fades do not help. Loses touch with his opponent at times as he seems to get lost. Is a huge presence back there).

Newbie (if this is an Irish boy it may not take much time to develop him)

Owen
    Edwards
    Clarke
    Sheather
    Mitchell
    Rankin
    Hall-Khan

Edwards is contracted for 2024.

Unless there's some personality issue, I can't see us delisting HHK. I've said many times that I think he's our best young prospect who hasn't played AFL yet. I can see him challenging McInerney for a spot on the wing next year.

The Irishman rumour would make sense if we delist Sheather, giving us an open Cat B spot.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Dunno how much value I'd place in opinions of 'old mate, the Bloods'.Rowie?
    He and I argued ferociously on that one and he had a clear blind spot/weird obsession there which we will never understand. But he did have some good insights at times. He was an early Chad adopter, and he and I shared an early faith in Sheldrick.

It’s just it all got outweighed by his Tourette-like response to Rowbottom.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Interesting article on fox sports talking about Carlton having to trade in 11 players that featured in their semi final win

Interesting the blend of pathways to building a team knocking on the door in 2023

Saad
    Newman
    Hewett
    McGovern
    Docherty
    Acres
    Fogarty
    Pittonet
    Cerra
    Kennedy
    Marchbank etc

To compliment their $13.5mill spend into the future key long term contracts internally ie

Cripps $900k pa
    Walsh $850k pa
    Curnow $800k pa
    McKay
    TDK
    Etc