Page 196 of 325 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,352 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Absolutely not. None of those are even vaguely available. Barrass has said no. What would we do with Naughton? Make him CHB? Because for a forward he does not do enough. Ugje-Hagan will never be available to us after Buddy ignored him. The kid just wanted Bud to acknowledge him but he gave him the cold shoulder.

I laughed when you said Sicily & Weitering. They both have long term contracts & are not going anywhere. Cox? I presume Brennan Cox? Contracted until the end of 2024 & about to be offered another contract. As he is from Woodville-West Torrens I am sure Crows & Power have already tested the waters. No hope.

We have all the KD elements but just need a young key defender to develop. List;

McCartin
    Melican (was really good in the middle of thx year. If hd can stay fit & return in that form we have a strong option)

Francis (did some good things this year. Probably a learning curve for him. I just worry about his mind fades)

Arnold (He has developed really well in the reserves)

Edwards (if we retain him. Needs a lot of development. Can do the hard stuff. No nonsense defender. But brain fades do not help. Loses touch with his opponent at times as he seems to get lost. Is a huge presence back there).

Newbie (if this is an Irish boy it may not take much time to develop him)

Sent from my CPH2471 using Tapatalk
    Im just suggesting we ask the question as we dont need kids, we have heaps.
    Can still grab Cleary, Sheldrick, Roberts, Arnold, Buller, Konstany

Naughton fwd and Mclean back
    Better to chase a Key Position if they become available as opposed to when we need one.
    If we wait to when we need one when end up being in a race for Mckay who everyone agrees isnt worth what is being proposed.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I have also been led to believe we are in talks to bring in an Irishman. A Key Defensive prospect maybe?
    Kinnear specifically ruled that out publicly - Category 2 slots are for locals.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I got confused by different information between the Swans' website and Footywire.

Checking again, the Swans' website shows all rookies, including Cat B, as drafted in the same year as the ND. It's just Footywire that shows Cat B rookies in the following year. for example, the Swans website shows Edwards and Magor as drafted in 2022, but Footywire shows Edwards as drafted in 2023 and Magor in 2022.

I use Footywire a lot for these references, because it's quicker with a better list presentation than the Swans' website. I don't know why I never noticed this before, Maybe there's been a recent change on how this is presented. Maybe it's just my poor vision playing tricks on me. Who knows?

Sorry for littering RWO with this nonsense.
    It's frustrating, isn't it. I try, wherever I can, to rely on what is in my head re when players arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Dunno how much value I'd place in opinions of 'old mate, the Bloods'.Rowie?
    Strange, as he was pretty good picking talent generally, except in one particular case. Cheers TheBloods!
    We are missing 2-3 elite players and most teams will trade these guys in to have a real crack at the flag. Almost impossible to do it through the draft alone. My point is that the only elite players we brought in over last 8-9 years were Buddy and to a lesser extent Tippett. Paddy was elite but a special case. So we are really due and hence the need for Grundy as a start. I’m not convinced about Mackay anyway so not fussed about not getting him. But I would like a classy and quick mid so please help Kinnear out- the poor dear keeps hoping to get them exclusively through the draft: someone please tell him that it’s fine for the mid to long term but it ain’t helping us right now!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I actually don't mind if we get the two Melbourne players who are potentially leaving in Harmes and Jordon.

I think Harmes in particular could help us immediately as I reckon he is very good as a CB player, and if given the opportunity to go out and win his own ball, he could be a real moneyball type pick up! Cheap and fills a need.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    I would rather not pick up these players. If the club thinks that Harmes will help solve our CB woes then they are looking at the hole and not the doughnut. The problems we have are the strategies we use at CB's, not the players. I refuse to believe that the likes of Mills, Papley, Parker, Sheldrick, Rowbottom, Gulden and Warner are not capable of winning their fair share centre clearances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    A tall from Bullies who are pre agents, Naughton or Ugle Hagan

Try Barrass again, eagles could end up with a mozza if picks if they moved Number 1 as well

Sicily, Weitering, Cox, chase a gun ask the question

We dont need kids, put 2 pick together and see if it moves someone
    We always need kids to keep refreshing the list.

On the veteran's list
    According to Trade Radio the following players are up for trade: Any takers (besides Grundy)?

Paddy Dow, Jack Billings, Deven Robertson, Zac Fisher, James Harmes, Jordon Sweet, Daniel McKenzie, Liam Ryan, Brandan Parfitt, Liam Henry, Tom Doedee, Jarryd Lyons, Nick Haynes, Sam Hayes, Mabior Chol, Hunter Clark, Zak Jones, Finlay Macrae, Brodie Grundy, Shane McAdam, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, Elijah Hollands, Jackson Mead, Denver Grainger-Barras, Esava Ratugolea, Lochie O’Brien, Tarryn Thomas, Ben McKay, Khai Lohman, Todd Goldstein, James Jordon, Scott Lycett, Matt Flynn, Ivan Soldo, Dylan Stephens, Braydon Preuss, Jade Gresham, Caleb Marchbank, Nick Coffield, Hugo Ralphsmith, Tyler Brockman, Adam Tomlinson, Orazio Fantasia, Tom Curley, Trent Bianco.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I would rather not pick up these players. If the club thinks that Harmes will help solve our CB woes then they are looking at the hole and not the doughnut. The problems we have are the strategies we use at CB's, not the players. I refuse to believe that the likes of Mills, Papley, Parker, Sheldrick, Rowbottom, Gulden and Warner are not capable of winning their fair share centre clearances.

- - - Updated - - -

We always need kids to keep refreshing the list.
    100% Agree with your mid analysis

We have heaps of kids and we will still land 3 plus mid season draft

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    According to Trade Radio the following players are up for trade: Any takers (besides Grundy)?

Paddy Dow, Jack Billings, Deven Robertson, Zac Fisher, James Harmes, Jordon Sweet, Daniel McKenzie, Liam Ryan, Brandan Parfitt, Liam Henry, Tom Doedee, Jarryd Lyons, Nick Haynes, Sam Hayes, Mabior Chol, Hunter Clark, Zak Jones, Finlay Macrae, Brodie Grundy, Shane McAdam, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, Elijah Hollands, Jackson Mead, Denver Grainger-Barras, Esava Ratugolea, Lochie O’Brien, Tarryn Thomas, Ben McKay, Khai Lohman, Todd Goldstein, James Jordon, Scott Lycett, Matt Flynn, Ivan Soldo, Dylan Stephens, Braydon Preuss, Jade Gresham, Caleb Marchbank, Nick Coffield, Hugo Ralphsmith, Tyler Brockman, Adam Tomlinson, Orazio Fantasia, Tom Curley, Trent Bianco.
    Liam Ryan, he is a star
    Elijah Hollands and DGB for the right price

Apparently Brodie Grundy has formally requested a trade to Sydney. This could, indeed should, be a transformational move for our midfield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Kafka,
    I agree with you on this. We will still need to do more trades/free agents, but Grundy will go along way to solving the clearance issues. Keep Ladhams as the backup ruckman.
    Even with Grundy we still hold a good draft hand

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Have to admit, I don’t have a great feel for Jordan - largely because he never got to really play in the guts for Melbourne, given its plethora of high end talent already in there. He seemed to be otherwise used a bit outside, or even behind the ball. Nothing stood out for me about his play as remarkable though.

I guess the qualification might be that at reserves level, he got to play more directly on ball and the club has a view of his potential based on that.

If we are going to take one of the two midfielders floated from Melbourne, I’d certainly rather it be the 22yo with potential upside who we can nab for free as an URFA, than a 28yo in Harmes who is carrying a $500k contract and would cost a (albeit late) draft pick.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say