Page 199 of 325 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 2,377 to 2,388 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

I wonder if the AFL is holding off on announcing the mid season trade period until after this trade period is finished.
    Believe we could be held to ransom for Grundy if it is announced before this trade period.

Will & Ollie are forever. You can't break them up.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Could the club look at re-signing Sam Reid and playing him as an intercepting defender or if they don't re-sing him, even look at playing McLean as a defender?
    McLean is about as fast as an Easter Island statue but has hands like buckets. Opponents would be running from him and getting into space too much. He's better as a forward. Let him take contested marks in the forward line or bring the ball to ground for Papley to feast on goals.

---

I had an interesting idea about pick trades. The Bulldogs are currently favoured to get the Suns pick 4. Suppose that happens and the Suns have the Dogs' pick 10 and want to trade that as well. Suppose we trade for that pick. We could upgrade our pick 22 plus later picks to pick 10. Having consecutive picks in the middle of the first round of draft is useful. Is such a trade plausible or possible?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    https://houseoffooty.com.au/could-sw...jM0B-4pl_2j1v4
    Fingers crossed we can find a good trade for Wayward with an Adelaide club. He’s been given more than enough chances and has gone backwards this year. I just hate having to deal with the Crows.
    We have nothing to worry about, it is fantasy media writing. For starters, he described Hayward as a 'Sydney Swans star' LOL. I like Hayward, but he is not in the ten or so names I would rattle off if I was asked who was a Sydney Swans star.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    I wonder if the AFL is holding off on announcing the mid season trade period until after this trade period is finished.
    Believe we could be held to ransom for Grundy if it is announced before this trade period.
    They are holding off announcing a mid-season trade period because the players have not agreed to it. Not yet.

If you read today's articles about the new CBA, the possibility is referenced but is still just a discussion.

Discussions will also continue with clubs and the AFLPA on the proposed introduction of a mid-season trade period.
    Big pay rises, more AFLW games, $40m past-player boost in historic joint CBA

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    They are holding off announcing a mid-season trade period because the players have not agreed to it. Not yet.

If you read today's articles about the new CBA, the possibility is referenced but is still just a discussion.

Big pay rises, more AFLW games, $40m past-player boost in historic joint CBA
    Good cheers

I would be happy to add Harmes to our list. He'd be very solid depth but I also think he's good enough to fit into our 22 as a midfielder if we give him a go.

It's also relevant that his best career season when given a good run in the Dees midfield was 2021, the year they were Premiers.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    i would prer we just worry about grundy, forget the demons pair so unless a patracca like turns up concentrate on grundy and try to get us elevated in draft order. AFL seems to want nth to get better draft choices with sanders now part of their next gen

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Will & Ollie are forever. You can't break them up.
    Then trade both of them. Florent has also gone backwards this year and too often has had trouble getting his hands on the ball.

Then trade both of them. Florent has also gone backwards this year and too often has had trouble getting his hands on the ball.
    No chance of that happening. By your own estimation, should we trade out the entire team then, as collectively they've all gone backwards?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    What? I've been a bit critical of Ollie in the past, in terms of wanting more from him. But this has been his best year with us, highest possession winning season and he's now got a clearly defined role. I'm not saying he's a raging superstar, but I don't see how you could argue he's gone backwards.

Now, having said that, there may be a case for the club making a bold move to strengthen our list.

We clearly have a list of non-negotiables - the existing or inevitable stars - the likes of Errol, Tom Mc, Logan, Chad, Blakey, Paps etc.

We then have some first 22, role/solid players - the likes of Ollie, Hayward, Amartey, even Lloyd.

If someone came along seeking out one of that second batch of players, with an offer that helped us substantially improve our list, we should think about it. Let's say, for the sake of it, Adelaide come along and said we want Hayward, and we'll do it for a swap of their pick 20, and our pick 30. It's really only values Hayward at about pick 50. But, if we knew that pick 20 would be the last piece of the puzzle that gets us Gold Coast's pick 4, would you do it? I probably would, as much as I like Hayward.

I'm not wanting to ship out particular players, but we're on the verge of having a long window. We need to be ruthless in giving ourselves the best shot at it.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Teams on the cusp get better trading Picks for players not players for Picks.

Trading out best 22 for picks is a backwards step atm