Page 202 of 325 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,413 to 2,424 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

  1. #2413
    Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    3,875
    Quote Originally Posted by WomblingFree View Post
    We’re certainly a key defender short. I expect we’ll grab a stop gap for depth and possibly draft a defender with an early pick.
    McKay has asked for Essendon, Barass is staying put. Zerk Thatcher has requested Port, as has Ratugolea (for the second year in succession).
    So while we do absolutely need another key defender (as we have for seevral years) our prospects aren't looking great.

    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    We should be looking at the Gold Coast's playing group as they are desperate to offload players to accommodate the young draft talent they want to recruit. Their VFL team has had an incredible season, finishing top and will play in this weekend's VFL Grand Final and there are several key defence position standouts such as Stein who could be getable at minimal cost. It's worth look
    Great lateral thinking rickmat. Minimal cost is definitely correct. He's 29, been delisted by the Giants, can't crack it for the firsts at GoldCoast and was a mature convert to AFL. And he's from Sydney.
    Update, I took a look at his VFL stats and he's averaging 11.5 disposals and 5 marks a game this season, Aaron Francis managed 14.5 and 7 respectively in the VFL. But the raw stats can be deceptive - what am I missing?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I think GWS showed last night that they’re a little more than “just an injury free team”.
    They’re extremely well coached and have recruited very well finding cut price gems to complement their stars.
    It's especially impressive after having 2 first 22 midfielders bugger off to Richmond.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

  2. #2414
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I think GWS showed last night that they’re a little more than “just an injury free team”.

    They’re extremely well coached and have recruited very well finding cut price gems to complement their stars.
    But there 2023 is only 2 points different to our 2022. Injuries and form make a big difference.

  3. #2415
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    270
    Blog Entries
    1
    Could not agree with you more waswan.
    Incidentally has been reported that Collingwood have agreed to pay $250K of Brodie Grundy’s contract for the next four years regardless of where he goes

  4. #2416
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    Could not agree with you more waswan.
    Incidentally has been reported that Collingwood have agreed to pay $250K of Brodie Grundy’s contract for the next four years regardless of where he goes
    I think it was said previously that the AFL deliberately made the Pies have a direct contract with Grundy, independent of Melb for this exact reason of potential future trade.
    Pies pay our COLA, poetic justice

  5. #2417
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    3,987
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    I think it was said previously that the AFL deliberately made the Pies have a direct contract with Grundy, independent of Melb for this exact reason of potential future trade.
    Pies pay our COLA, poetic justice
    I think I forgot about the direct contract. Agreed. The idea of Collingwood paying our premium is great.

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  6. #2418
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Not sure whats more crazy
    Hayward trade talk
    Hayward as a poor performer
    Or the people saying Hayward is a poor performer expecting a 1st Rounder

    Ill say it again 25+ goals 3 yrs in a row, do a filter on small forwards doing that and let me know
    I’m not saying he’s a poor performer, I’m saying at the right price I believe he is expendable.

    But doubt the Crows would offer a first rounder even with some change. But if they do want him now is when we can extract the best trade value

  7. #2419
    Quote Originally Posted by WomblingFree View Post
    I’m not saying he’s a poor performer, I’m saying at the right price I believe he is expendable.

    But doubt the Crows would offer a first rounder even with some change. But if they do want him now is when we can extract the best trade value
    He's already said he's staying put.

  8. #2420
    McVeigh for Brownlow RogueSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Posts
    4,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Update, I took a look at his VFL stats and he's averaging 11.5 disposals and 5 marks a game this season, Aaron Francis managed 14.5 and 7 respectively in the VFL. But the raw stats can be deceptive - what am I missing?
    Less ball heading his way due to the team being very good?



    Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

  9. #2421
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If we were going to try and prise out a young Gold Coast midfielder I'd much rather Alex Davies. I suspect a few clubs have inquired, because a month or two ago there was a news piece saying he was contracted (ie Hands Off!) He's still quite young so it's not an indictment on him that he hasn't nailed down a spot but it's hard to see how he's going to crack a best-22 spot while the Suns have Anderson, Miller, Rowell et al. He's probably their "next in" if any of the front liners are out.

    He's got a body the size of Tom Green but plays in a bit of a more introverted style. Still, he can be effective when given a shot.

    I suspect we won't. Too much of a long shot to prise him out.
    He's not really torn a game apart and has seemingly underperformed so far but for some reason I've always wanted to see him in red and white

    Also he's good friends with Gulden

  10. #2422
    Opti-pessi-misti
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Way down south
    Posts
    1,072
    Alex Davies sounds like just the kind of player to enhance our mid-field/half forward line if he is living up to his stated potential. If he was gettable it would be great.

    None of our up and coming midfielders have his size and experience (ie GC Academy and VFL). Could (!) in time be of more value to our team than Hayward!

  11. #2423
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Alex Davies sounds like just the kind of player to enhance our mid-field/half forward line if he is living up to his stated potential. If he was gettable it would be great.

    None of our up and coming midfielders have his size and experience (ie GC Academy and VFL). Could (!) in time be of more value to our team than Hayward!
    I can’t imagine why after 25 games in his first three seasons he’d be keen to move or that the Suns would want him to leave.

    But if he was available we should be all in.

    In terms of points what they get from the Chol and Hollands trades should be more than sufficient to give them ample points for their three academy guns plus a little left over for future picks.

  12. #2424
    Reefer Madness
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in a yellow submarine
    Posts
    4,406
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by WomblingFree View Post
    I can’t imagine why after 25 games in his first three seasons he’d be keen to move or that the Suns would want him to leave.

    But if he was available we should be all in.

    In terms of points what they get from the Chol and Hollands trades should be more than sufficient to give them ample points for their three academy guns plus a little left over for future picks.
    I rate Davies. Big body, good hands, powerful kick - just hasn’t quite had the accumulation yet but that’ll come. I’ve also always rated Hollands’ potential, but for some reason hasn’t prospered yet. Apparently he and Dew weren’t digging each other, but also there’s some word around Hollands could get more professional.

    And yes, with the pipeline they’ve got coming through the Academy, having some surplus points to shove into next year will also be a goal for the Suns.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO