Page 203 of 325 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,425 to 2,436 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Less ball heading his way due to the team being very good?
    Ta Rogue
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Would have been nice if Josh’s partner played netball in Sydney. I wonder if we are still scouting an unexpected apex predator like Dunks?

Neale and Dunkley have been the envy of trades last 5 years or so. Not cheap for Brisbane but incredible value so far…….Siiiii !
    Last edited by liz; 24th September 2023 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Please don't quote from other sites without providing a citation and a link

Regular in the Side
    Davies,draft central review impressive, 191 cm mid If we could get him sounds like he would be good. I have not seen him play,just going on draftcentral comments

Agree, Davies has the physical attributes of a big bodied midfielder that we need to compliment our midfield (JPK prototype). His family were originally from Wollongong.

There are definitely hidden midfield gems out there on lists who I think are on our radar. Expecting us to recruit one during the trade period.

I see Sheldrick as a Parker 2.0, who seems destined to play increasing amount of time up forward to help prolong his career.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by WomblingFree View Post
    I can’t imagine why after 25 games in his first three seasons he’d be keen to move or that the Suns would want him to leave.

But if he was available we should be all in.
    He probably won't. And he's contracted.

But we have a player who has played 43 games in four seasons who isn't sure he will be able to establish himself firmly in the best 22, has received a four year offer from elsewhere (or so has been reported) and has decided to move on.

And Josh Kennedy had been at the Hawks for just three seasons when he looked at who was ahead of him in the midfield queue and decided he needed to move. He'd only played 13 games with Hawthorn to that point - around half the number that Davies has played - but that was at a club that had won the premiership in 2008 and had generally been much stronger than the Suns have over Davies's time there.

Bailey Humphrey has come into the Suns team and leap-frogged a few others to establish himself in the senior team. I imagine he'll gradually start getting more time in the midfield. Sam Flanders has just re-signed for four years. Anderson and Rowell are already cemented in that midfield. So there's not a clear path for Davies to a regular midfield spot there.

I don't think the Suns will let him go this year even if he wanted to move. He is contracted and there is a new coach arriving.

But if a club has an eye on him - and I believe some have been asking the question - it would be a good idea to be talking to his manager now to let him know he'll have options at the end of next season if he still hasn't established himself, something that was probably happening with Stephens's manager this time last year and into early 2023 even though, at that stage, Stephens might have believed he was pretty well established in our senior team.

After the VFL grand final yesterday there will definitely be more clubs enquiring about hollands , he had a superb game . From what I watched Davies was pretty quiet. Done a few ok things but didn’t really stand out . Jeffrey and Farrar were good across half back and ooze class being both quick and silky skilled . Either would be worth a look . Moyle had a lazy 73 hit outs was nice and physical also . I mentioned him earlier in the year but no use now we are going with Grundy
    For Werribee hard to believe Gribble gas never got a crack at the higher level , probably age goes against him now Declase was good also but the same age against him now but he was a on Melbournes list for a little while being a 2021 mid season draftee
    Shaun Mannagh was huge with 6 goals in a loosing side , was mentioned as a potential mid year draftee , he is 25 but being a shallow draft it wouldn’t surprise me to see him on a rookie list somewhere , classy small forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    i dint think davies did anything that would make me want to daft him. same goes with clohesy (fothergill,round,mitchel medalist) dont see who they would replace.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Hollands is a good player returning from an ACL injury. Was potentially a number one pick in his draft year prior to his injury. He is originally from Albury, so I hope the Swans are considering him at the right price.

His Dad lives in Sydney. I think he has another much younger son (not sure if from another marriage) that might even be in the swans academy.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Here's the package for Norf - one end of first round pick this year, 2 x next year, and some rookie list stuff. Not as bad as I was expecting for us in terms of pushing our first rounder back but still ridiculous reward for a club that consistently chases mediocrity and should be told to sort its own mess out.

Throw in the McKay compo and they really have four first round picks this year, and three next year. Total overload.

AFL statement on North Melbourne assistance package
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Gold Coast will reportable implement a ruthless cull of their playing list to accommodate those targeted in the Draft as well as the 3 highly rated and talented boom academy players. Apparently Hardwick has started the process of the players he wants to keep, those on the tightrope and those who not wanted in 2024. Constable is one that will let go, and we should not target. But if Holland's is let go, we should go all out as he has a lot of talent, is young and was outstanding in the VFL Grand final. Swans should target him as will several Melbourne sides ( his younger brother plays for Richmond)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I find it difficult to condemn North for seeking an receiving draft assistance. Especially as this package is nothing compared to what we received in the 1990's.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.