Page 207 of 325 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,473 to 2,484 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

I agree
    This is a bit of a game changer if not accelerator
    Thankfully now and not in December

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    I think if we were not chasing a big bodied mid we will be now . The thing that really hurts is his flexibility of being able to play back also as needed . Not many of those players floating around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Couldn’t agree more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    We should get a first rounder for Dyl. In the first 10. After all he was ranked higher than Serong.
    I wish 👍I hope Norths see it that way lol

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    We should get a first rounder for Dyl. In the first 10. After all he was ranked higher than Serong.
    Irony?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    Seriously doubt we will get more than pick 3/4th round pick for him if anything, they can just walk him through the recycled players draft for nothing, so it dilutes any value he may have
    North did not finish last, West Coast did. This alleged PSD plan can backfire badly.

Trading is not a one-off event. It happens every year, mostly with the same people from the clubs year after year. It is in the interests of both clubs to make fair offers in good faith. If North tries to screw another club at the trade table, it sours working relationships between the two clubs. I don't see it happening.

North will have an incentive to make a fair trade offer for Stephens.

I doubt Stephens would go for as little as a fourth-round pick. He has played 43 games across 4 seasons, about 48% of possible games (89). Such players don't get traded for fourth-round picks.

I'm expecting the trade for Stephens to be equivalent to a second-round or third-round pick, perhaps by way of a pick upgrade or a future pick in that range.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Edwards is contracted for 2024.

Unless there's some personality issue, I can't see us delisting HHK. I've said many times that I think he's our best young prospect who hasn't played AFL yet. I can see him challenging McInerney for a spot on the wing next year.

The Irishman rumour would make sense if we delist Sheather, giving us an open Cat B spot.
    I can't see us delisting HHK either. I wasn't aware Rookies had more than a 2 year contract. I thought Edwards would have finished his by now.

The list was the players who have been on the list 2 or more years and are yet to play or who have played and have not impressed.

Sent from my CPH2471 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    He and I argued ferociously on that one and he had a clear blind spot/weird obsession there which we will never understand. But he did have some good insights at times. He was an early Chad adopter, and he and I shared an early faith in Sheldrick.

It’s just it all got outweighed by his Tourette-like response to Rowbottom.
    I think it is all about Rowie's hair

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Interesting article on fox sports talking about Carlton having to trade in 11 players that featured in their semi final win

Interesting the blend of pathways to building a team knocking on the door in 2023

Saad
    Newman
    Hewett
    McGovern
    Docherty
    Acres
    Fogarty
    Pittonet
    Cerra
    Kennedy
    Marchbank etc

To compliment their $13.5mill spend into the future key long term contracts internally ie

Cripps $900k pa
    Walsh $850k pa
    Curnow $800k pa
    McKay
    TDK
    Etc
    Isn't it weird, here is a club that got so many top 10 draft picks yet have to trade in the majority of their team

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Im just suggesting we ask the question as we dont need kids, we have heaps.
    Can still grab Cleary, Sheldrick, Roberts, Arnold, Buller, Konstany

Naughton fwd and Mclean back
    Better to chase a Key Position if they become available as opposed to when we need one.
    If we wait to when we need one when end up being in a race for Mckay who everyone agrees isnt worth what is being proposed.
    McLean is useless back. Naughton is a better defender than forward. I don't think there is a hope in hell.

If the kid is good enough, big enough & almost ready as a KD I'd go that way.

Senior Player
    Did we know Harrison Arnold had signed an extension?

'Sydney pair Harry Arnold and Jack Buller, Richmond duo Matt Coulthard and James Tresize, Fremantle's Ethan Stanley, the Dogs' Caleb Poulter, Port Adelaide's Quinton Narkle and Hawthorn's Brandon Ryan have also since signed extensions.'

Port great Travis Boak set to go on, luckless Saint Nick Coffield's offer, Port Adelaide's future first on the table

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    MattW
    This was reported some time ago. I am not sure, but it may have been part of the agreement when they signed given the fact of relocation etc. it appears most clubs give mid season draftees a full year in the system to fully assess them

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Didn't know about Arnold, but it would seem a prudent move (along with re-signing the Pelican) in case we are unable to secure a key defender from another club.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Didn't know about Arnold, but it would seem a prudent move (along with re-signing the Pelican) in case we are unable to secure a key defender from another club.
    I actually think we're ok for next year; perhaps we're looking for a ready made Rampe replacement.