Page 210 of 325 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,509 to 2,520 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    2 players who will not cost. Jordan an unrestricted free agent (possible replacement for Stephens and Grundy replaces Hickey (as long as AFL does not let Pies wiggle out of deal tgo pay$350k per yr of his salary)
    Haven't the AFL already said that Collingwood will have to pay that portion of his salary no matter where he ends up? Also, I think it's $250,000 per season.....that's what I read in the Hun.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Haven't the AFL already said that Collingwood will have to pay that portion of his salary no matter where he ends up? Also, I think it's $250,000 per season.....that's what I read in the Hun.
    Correct. The contract was not with the AFL or Melb; it was a contract with Grundy, so there is no escape unless there is a specific provision that says it’s only valid while he plays with Melbourne. And if there was, we would have heard about it by now. They’ll be subsiding us - which is a small but nice bit of payback for their a-holery over COLA under Eddie.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post

Jordon has proven that he can play on the outside in the AFL, but just looking at his numbers in a few VFL games from this year, he may have spent a fair amount of time on ball. We may have promised to give him an opportunity to prove himself in that area at AFL level?

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    While I’m a bit underwhelmed by what I’ve seen of him, this is the other bit (beyond no draft collateral and modest wage) that has me open to it. He’s not going to get a start inside against Petracca, Oliver and Viney. But perhaps our recruiters have seen something of his capability there when playing VFL.

As an aside, I thought I’d wander over to the Dees’ bigfooty forum to see the feedback on him. Then I quickly realised why I’m not a member of bigfooty. Outside the draft page, it’s a bunch of 12yos, mixed with 45yos clearly living in their parent’s basements.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Good news that Jordon (or any player for that matter) has chosen us above all others. I have said it in another post, but I'm doubling down that we should go with a Melbourne trifecta and also bring in Harmes, particularly now that Mills is injured.

Harmes is a proven midfield bull, and at 27 is hardened and ready to play his best football immediately.

The only reason that I can think of that we don't go down this path is if the recruiting team and coaches are promising a midfield role for Jordon.

Jordon has proven that he can play on the outside in the AFL, but just looking at his numbers in a few VFL games from this year, he may have spent a fair amount of time on ball. We may have promised to give him an opportunity to prove himself in that area at AFL level?

Hopefully, as another posted, he can do a Joey and give us 10 more years of brilliant football and rub a bit of salt into the wounds as another swans recruiting success story!

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    Yes, Sheldrickesque VFL accumulation.

https://vfl.aflmstats.com/player/James_JordonScreenshot_20230928_214130_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    LOL at those positions. Wing. Half-back flank. Centre half back. Full back. Ruck rover.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Exactly. The deal is he signed for $1m p.a. WITH Collingwood. They then on sold $750k to Melbourne, and Melbourne now want to sell that share to us.
    If Collingwood get out of the original deal, then the original $1m deal is off.
    We'll be paying max $750k. Whether Collingwood pays the rest is up the lawyers.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    LOL at those positions. Wing. Half-back flank. Centre half back. Full back. Ruck rover.
    What, you don't think he'll solve our key defender shortage?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Murphy 192cm
    Moore 203cm
    Frampton 202cm
    Howe 190cm
    Q 180cm
    Maynard 189cm

Interesting to compare our backline needs vs the Pies current back 6……which has been dominating this season and a very good season last year.

The above are the starting back 6 for the GF on the weekend

Howe and Maynard both have the ability to play quite tall as well and equally take on medium forwards.

It’s a fairly tall backline but both Moore and Frampton at Ruckman height are very mobile

I wonder how we will improve our backine for 2024 now that most of the obvious options appear to be exhausted

Could we be looking at a not in demand key forward (dropped to VFL) that we think we can convert to a tall defender?

Jacob Bauer | AFL

I was also wondering if there a few other players like Bauer ex swans academy that we suggested like a Dane Rampe……to go get some more WAFL SANFL type experience over the years and we will keep an active watch?

Some that maybe now 23/24 yrs of age that needed time to develop due to playing a key forward or key back role.

It is looking more and more like we need a makeshift interim solution for 2024 to help our backline talls

We can’t rely on Melican and Reid to be injury free and help our backline - if the definitely sign on

Buller and Arnold maybe?

Could Buller become a defensive option and development opportunity as a KPP?

VFL Showreel, R22: Jacob Bauer highlights

Has that Jeremy Howe high leap ……..maybe a intercepting defender project?

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    If the AFL have any credibility at all they will hit this attempt by Collingwood on the head.

According to AFL site, we are interested in Paddy Dow