Page 211 of 325 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,532 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Exactly. The deal is he signed for $1m p.a. WITH Collingwood. They then on sold $750k to Melbourne, and Melbourne now want to sell that share to us.
    If Collingwood get out of the original deal, then the original $1m deal is off.
    We'll be paying max $750k. Whether Collingwood pays the rest is up the lawyers.
    I don't see how Melbourne can get out of it scott free. They took him on at those terms and now they don't want him. They should be paying some penalty for giving him the lemonade. If we end up paying $500k then I'll be comfortable with that.

Makes sense

Loosing most likely Stephen’s (a future mid)

Callum out maybe 12 rounds in 2024 inside mid, wing, HBF

Jordon and Dow 60 games each only 22yrs old , cheap but maybe able to find a role at the Swans and or keep our depth fighting for spots

Could all be media hype though as both seem obvious possibilities for low cost options with experience

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I don't see how Melbourne can get out of it scott free. They took him on at those terms and now they don't want him. They should be paying some penalty for giving him the lemonade. If we end up paying $500k then I'll be comfortable with that.
    I agree……My gut feeling is that we are in a strong position and it won’t be a pick 30 or so we will have to give Melb

Ie

Grundy can stay and Melb are screwed $

Grundy can say the only deal I will accept if asked to leave is Sydney Swans

That leaves Melb in a bind.

Melbourne either have to sweeten the deal with a good exchange of picks ie we may say we want pick 13 and we will give you pick 23 in exchange or we want u to kick in $150k pa over next 4 seasons

So much to play out

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Jacob Bauer | AFL

I was also wondering if there a few other players like Bauer ex swans academy that we suggested like a Dane Rampe……to go get some more WAFL SANFL type experience over the years and we will keep an active watch?

Some that maybe now 23/24 yrs of age that needed time to develop due to playing a key forward or key back role.

It is looking more and more like we need a makeshift interim solution for 2024 to help our backline talls

We can’t rely on Melican and Reid to be injury free and help our backline - if the definitely sign on

Buller and Arnold maybe?

Could Buller become a defensive option and development opportunity as a KPP?

These are our key backs;

McCartin, Melican, Francis, Arnold, Rampe, Blakey (he is 196cm) not counting Gould who will most likely be delisted

These are our key forwards;

McLean, McDonald, Amartey, Reid, Buller & at a pinch Ladhams.

Any you want to take a KF out? That might just leave us a little bit short.

Reid can go back at a pinch too.

I think the KPD stocks are pretty good, just add a developing KPD & that replaces Rampe.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Haven't the AFL already said that Collingwood will have to pay that portion of his salary no matter where he ends up? Also, I think it's $250,000 per season.....that's what I read in the Hun.
    if the agreement was between player & club not club & club then Pies must pay. The AFL can't change the contract status. To do so would be to invite litigation on a huge scale

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay View View Post
    According to AFL site, we are interested in Paddy Dow
    'Dow still showed what he could do at AFL level late in Carlton's home and away season, playing seven consecutive matches to finish the campaign before losing his place in the team ahead of the finals.

He averaged 21.8 disposals and 6.5 clearances per game across the final month of the season, while he had also emerged as one of the best midfielders at VFL level after averaging 31.4 touches from 10 reserves fixtures this year.'

Port great Travis Boak set to go on, luckless Saint Nick Coffield's offer, Port Adelaide's future first on the table

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

(Quoted article re Dow):

“He averaged 21.8 disposals and 6.5 clearances per game across the final month of the season”
    He’s rubbish according to TheBloods’ Rowbottom midfielder worthiness test - needs to average at least 22 possessions at AFL level

Haunting

Interesting that we're interested in Jordon and Dow.

We obviously have a midfield clearance problem and I think both are decent players but hard to see who they come in for. Sure Mills may be out for a bit of the year but Sheldrick seems to be best 22. Do they come in for Rowbottom who is tracking ok? Or are they just depth?

Makes it more curious that we traded on Hewett - I was suprised by it at the time and now think it was a mistake

Is it possible……when building a super strong squad……but you can’t attract elite talent in the midfield you need to build depth and competition

I suspect that we won’t be able to attract a top / elite mid for 2024 and maybe don’t want to

But equally we know what we have is very good but maybe a little short right now on top4

Hence building a squad that maybe able to win a couple extra games via depth to replace injuries as well as unleash our Gus, Roberts, Dow and Jordon to fight for their spots

Let’s go
    Let’s grow

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay View View Post
    According to AFL site, we are interested in Paddy Dow
    I don't follow Carlton, but didn't Dow lose his place in their firsts because George Hewett is at the Blues?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Makes sense

Loosing most likely Stephen’s (a future mid)

Callum out maybe 12 rounds in 2024 inside mid, wing, HBF

Jordon and Dow 60 games each only 22yrs old , cheap but maybe able to find a role at the Swans and or keep our depth fighting for spots

Could all be media hype though as both seem obvious possibilities for low cost options with experience
    I reckon he will be back for round 1, after seeing several experts think the time frames being mooted by the media are ……..