Page 216 of 325 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,592 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Joe Daniher?
    Wasn’t a free agent. We would have had to trade to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Wasn’t a free agent. We would have had to trade to get him.
    My (flippant) point was that there is at least one precedent of a player declaring he wanted to come to the Swans without first asking if we wanted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I agree……My gut feeling is that we are in a strong position and it won’t be a pick 30 or so we will have to give Melb

Ie

Grundy can stay and Melb are screwed $

Grundy can say the only deal I will accept if asked to leave is Sydney Swans

That leaves Melb in a bind.

Melbourne either have to sweeten the deal with a good exchange of picks ie we may say we want pick 13 and we will give you pick 23 in exchange or we want u to kick in $150k pa over next 4 seasons

So much to play out
    Melbourne Ard already after that second ruck/forward anyway.

I wonder why Horse could not get the best out of Cameron & Nanka? Other coaches did

Sent from my CPH2471 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post

I wonder why Horse could not get the best out of Cameron & Nanka? Other coaches did

Both these players left for more opportunities. At the time Nankervis was behind Tippet and Naismith, but impressed when he played. Personally I was disappointed when he left. Cameron was behind these three, so opportunity was limited to one game. The competition is set up to make sure opportunities are limited at any given club, it’s not a coaching issue per se.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

There are a few rumours moving around regarding who the Swans might be circling Re a swing man, key defender as a stop gap for 2024

Close to nil draft pick costs etc so just value / depth signing

Hamling from Freeo

Chris Burgess from the Suns

VFL Showreel, R22: Chris Burgess highlights

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    They’re not going to let Wicks go. Now that he appears to have controlled his temperament and not giving away stupid free kicks he plays the pressure forward role fairly well. One area he needs to work on is his goal kicking.
    Agree with you on Konstantin, looks promising but needs to start dominating at VFL level.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    They’re not going to let Wicks go. Now that he appears to have controlled his temperament and not giving away stupid free kicks he plays the pressure forward role fairly well. One area he needs to work on is his goal kicking.
    Agree with you on Konstantin, looks promising but needs to start dominating at VFL level.
    I like Wicks but why do people keep posting that he’s cut the silly stuff out of his game? He was still giving free kicks and 50 m penalties away late in the season

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I think a few pages ago someone mentioned Wicks.

Sam has just turned 24hrs of age and 50 games now.

I sense we will take on Sam for another 2 years despite unsigned. He is playing a very tricky role and probably a valued role by his team mates and coaching staff. Despite Konstanty becoming more than a footy player and and now the defeater of inside senior mids and showing his captain the arm bar in a wrestle…….. I don’t think Konstanty is a walk start for the role that Wicks plays just yet.

I know it might sound a slightly radical but I could imagine Hawthorn, North and even Saints seeing Sam at his stage of development a target at low trade pick currency and a moderate salary.

Sam brings an intensity that is valued and even more so his experience would be valued upfront if the opportunity presented ?

With respect, I disagree Auntie. For the life of me, I just don’t see the value you talk about. I’m not saying that every one of our forwards needs to be a star, but they need to do a lot more than Wicks if we are to challenge. Look at the team that just won the flag- he wouldn’t get anywhere near it! Same goes for all the top 4 teams and that’s the measuring stick. As long as we keep players who will never ever progress us we are behind the eight ball. I would rather play HHK or Konstany to see if they can make it, as there is potential there. But Wicks has had 50 opportunities and in reality only earned his keep in a fraction of those games. Let him go!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post

Just showed that shedding ruckman too young can bite you on the bum. I am sure it was reported at the time on here that the Buddy contract had a bearing on the Nankervis exit. I could never work out how Naismith was rated above him. I liked him from his first pre-season game. He had a natural instinct for the game. As for Cameron; he didn't get a chance with us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    With respect, I disagree Auntie. For the life of me, I just don’t see the value you talk about. I’m not saying that every one of our forwards needs to be a star, but they need to do a lot more than Wicks if we are to challenge. Look at the team that just won the flag- he wouldn’t get anywhere near it! Same goes for all the top 4 teams and that’s the measuring stick. As long as we keep players who will never ever progress us we are behind the eight ball. I would rather play HHK or Konstany to see if they can make it, as there is potential there. But Wicks has had 50 opportunities and in reality only earned his keep in a fraction of those games. Let him go!
    Some would argue that Hayward comes under the same category you refer to.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    To be fair to Konstanty injury in the early part of the season didn't help his cause. He started to show his ability at the end of the season. It will be great if he develops into a lively forward like Papley. As Bobby Hill showed, these types of small forwards are worth their weight in gold (Charlie Cameron).

Senior Player
    Nothing confirmed yet aside from Jordon but I love what we’re potentially doing this trade period, back to the swans of old in picking up undervalued and cheap players from other clubs to fill holes

Hamling from Freo if the rumours are to be believed would be another good get

Obviously no more Buddy wage has made a big difference

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Hamling has played six games in the past four years, or something similar, diue to recurring injuries. And he's 30 years old. Hard pass.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say