Page 320 of 325 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324 ... LastLast
Results 3,829 to 3,840 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Grundy is probably getting a subsidised rental in Bondi whilst renting out 4 properties in Melbourne.

He will be fine
    I'm not suggesting we need to pass the hat around for him; just that he's consciously made a decision to effectively take a significant pay-cut in coming here, which speaks to his motivations. [I say "consciously" as apparently he's almost completed his MBA so I'm assuming he's financially articulate.]

Great interview with him in the Weekend Oz if you get a chance to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    I'm not suggesting we need to pass the hat around for him; just that he's consciously made a decision to effectively take a significant pay-cut in coming here, which speaks to his motivations. [I say "consciously" as apparently he's almost completed his MBA so I'm assuming he's financially articulate.]

Great interview with him in the Weekend Oz if you get a chance to read it.
    Could argue Buddy took a pay cut to come to Sydney but in reality he probably made more in real estate during his time in Sydney then he did playing footy

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Let's hope Grundy can be part of a premiership - I know I would have been greatfull a couple of decades ago, but these days I'm a bit over coming second.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 3rd December 2023 at 06:41 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Two page spread in the Murdoch Sunday paper here in Adelaide about the 2020 draft. Very insightful, we wouldn't have matched on Gulden if he was bid on before pick 16.

Sam Landsberger re-rated the top 10, Gulden 1, JUH 2, Holmes 3, McDonald 4, Campbell 5. There's a lot of busts/underperformers highlighted from early in that draft. We did 'ok' :-)

Gulden has 32 Brownlow votes in his three seasons, the entire 61 other players of his draft only have 22 votes combined!

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

What an asset !!!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Two page spread in the Murdoch Sunday paper here in Adelaide about the 2020 draft. Very insightful, we wouldn't have matched on Gulden if he was bid on before pick 16.Sam Landsberger re-rated the top 10, Gulden 1, JUH 2, Holmes 3, McDonald 4, Campbell 5. There's a lot of busts/underperformers highlighted from early in that draft. We did 'ok' :-)Gulden has 32 Brownlow votes in his three seasons, the entire 61 other players of his draft only have 22 votes combined!
    There's a Landsberger article in the heraldsun website, I assume it's the same article (has the same re-ratings) - but no mention of Gulden not being matched prior to pick 16.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    And to think there are regular posters on this site that constantly criticise the job Kinnear Beatson, Simon Dalrymple and the recruiting team do is mind boggling. They rebuilt the team over the extremely difficult Covid period. We are very fortunate to have them together with a professionally managed club.
    It is no coincidence

Senior Player

Very impressive and articulate guy. Confident he will perform very well.

Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    And to think there are regular posters on this site that constantly criticise the job Kinnear Beatson, Simon Dalrymple and the recruiting team do is mind boggling. They rebuilt the team over the extremely difficult Covid period. We are very fortunate to have them together with a professionally managed club.
    It is no coincidence
    And some of these regular posters express their doubts in ways that are creative, original and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    I’ll add my own verse… tongue in cheek of course.

Who knows what Smokey, these gurus will pick.
    Another short forward pocket or winger? - They’ll grab him super quick!
    Who is our next Ling, Vespremi or Stephens?
    Some say with Warner, Logan and T Mac, we can call it evens?
    Van Rooyen was ours for the taking, and so was Serrong!
    Yet some one-eyed supporters just see no wrong.
    They say over and over, “In Beatson we trust!”
    But every early non Academy pick cept Logan, has been a horrible bust!
    So who will they pick in 2023?
    Probably a key forward, who is barely five foot three!
    Having one's mind boggled is often a good thing BRS328, keep the plasticity in ones synapses - helps avoid rigidity of thought.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 4th December 2023 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Very impressive and articulate guy. Confident he will perform very well.
    Very articulate, makes me wish Steve Taubert was still our ruck coach - I for one would have paid good$$$'s for a ringside seat to their interractions.
    The meeting of minds between Grundy and Ladhams could likewise be entertaining.