Page 321 of 325 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325 LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,852 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Very articulate, makes me wish Steve Taubert was still our ruck coach - I for one would have paid good$$$'s for a ringside seat to their interractions.
    The meeting of minds between Grundy and Ladhams could likewise be entertaining.
    Think they inhabit different universes LOL

ugg, it was a two page spread in our Sunday paper, a complete article bottom right about the Gulden bidding. Geelong were keen but had limited picks, took Holmes with 20 then bid on Gulden at 32. Holmes looks a really promising player. Wells gets high marks for his recruiting skill but he's had a stack of first round busts.

Facts like the 2020 draft wash up make a mockery of every player at draft time being talked about as a star, the who won the draft articles post draft. Norf have five first rounders this year but based on past evidence, a couple won't make it, a couple will be good soldiers, maybe one or two at most stars.
    Last edited by 707; 4th December 2023 at 04:47 PM.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Our last two premierships were won with an ex-Collingwood player in our midfield. 2005: Paul Williams, 2012: Rhyce Shaw.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Are you sure Rhyce played in our midfield?

Senior Player
    Played mostly as a running half back and was excellent at it. Williams was a gun and all class.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    And some of these regular posters express their doubts in ways that are creative, original and interesting.

Having one's mind boggled is often a good thing BRS328, keep the plasticity in ones synapses - helps avoid rigidity of thought.
    Thanks for the shout out RnR. Glad my effort didn’t go to waste (like many of our first round draft picks )

Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    And to think there are regular posters on this site that constantly criticise the job Kinnear Beatson, Simon Dalrymple and the recruiting team do is mind boggling. They rebuilt the team over the extremely difficult Covid period. We are very fortunate to have them together with a professionally managed club.
    It is no coincidence
    Stephens!

Jury is still out on Logan McDonald, although he is tracking well.

BRS328
    I think some of the comments were more pointed towards a balance between draft, mid season, trades etc
    This has now happened in spades and incredibly fortunate trades with Grundy and Patch.........A pair of Aces in a card game is always welcome
    Patch said he and his manager drove the opportunity.........Swans "responded"

Im happy now and we obviously could have pulled the $ lever earlier than 2023 to attract quality and experience in key areas to balance out our squad. Look at how much Grundy and Patch would be vs Buddys 2023 contract.

I was frustrated with how other teams were achieving a better balance of talent acquisition.........even in Brisbane which is an outlier to Victoria's advantage.

But as we all know just because you appear to have nailed your list depth doesnt mean you are a walk in top4.

Exciting times ahead me thinks........if our forward line of "emerging talls" can fire.......whch will be a massive challenge in itself........and if our defensive line can cobble together with our plethora of value KPDs. Hopefully we have made our forward entries better from our now experienced mid rotation and also buffered defensive entries via tougher stoppage opposition exits.

Adding our ability to apply scoreboard and field pressure from clearances and not just slingshot footy will make us harder to break down.

Probably the biggest loss of 2023 will be the "DON" as I felt his evolution of our game style was critical with the style of players we had in our list...........what will be next?
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 5th December 2023 at 09:38 AM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Auntie
    I have to agree with everything you say. Depth clearly was an issue this year, but was not helped by the incredible injury toll, particularly with the tall’s. At one stage we had our 9 best tall’s out injured, and if my memory serves me correctly I believe it was the Geelong game. The goal to goal line was non existent

Jumper numbers are out.

Sydney announce jumper numbers for 2024
    Changes:
    3 - Taylor Adams
    4 - Brodie Grundy
    12 - Angus Sheldrick
    17 - James Jordon
    29 - Joel Hamling
    31 - Indhi Kirk
    33 - Caiden Cleary
    39 - Jack Buller
    41 - Patrick Snell
    45 - Will Green

Veteran Site Admin
    I wonder what's wrong with #40. Maybe the locker has a busted handle, or possibly Cam Owen never cleared out his dirty socks.

nice move JJ
    come at that 23 season 2024 if you are smoking it !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"