Page 3 of 325 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 List Management

What do you have when you have 2 healthy ruckmen?

A Dilemma. ................... Lucky Us.

A rucking dilemma: Blues still weighing up best mix

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Sorry Ludwig - not in the mood to bite
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Cornes and Healy react to report linking Carlton forward to Sydney

Tom De Koning would complete the puzzle for the Swans. He sounds expensive at $1 million and 8 years, but Tom would be the perfect fit for us. Even if we gave up our first 2 draft picks, it wouldn't matter. We really don't need any more players.

He's 5 years younger than Himmelberg, and plays forward and ruck. 203 cm. What more can you ask for? I wonder if it will happen?

In any case, it makes sense that we would be on the hunt for a Logan McDonald partner.

I am absolutely not in favour of that. For megabucks and picks we want a genuine superstar, which TDK is not. For half the price? Absolutely!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

TDK is looking an emerging superstar. We will have to see how he goes this year to determine his value. Now that we've been alerted, we can keep an eye on his progress.

As for the contract terms, who knows? A lot of numbers are tossed around with reckless abandon.

Luddy isnt he too tall for a ruckman?

I thought Robbie Fox or SamReid are our ruckman going into 2023 and beyond? πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Cornes and Healy react to report linking Carlton forward to Sydney

Tom De Koning would complete the puzzle for the Swans. He sounds expensive at $1 million and 8 years, but Tom would be the perfect fit for us. Even if we gave up our first 2 draft picks, it wouldn't matter. We really don't need any more players.

He's 5 years younger than Himmelberg, and plays forward and ruck. 203 cm. What more can you ask for? I wonder if it will happen?

In any case, it makes sense that we would be on the hunt for a Logan McDonald partner.
    Totally with you. Perfect acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Totally with you. Perfect acquisition.
    He will be a perfect addition to the flag winning team of 2023
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I actually think GWS will come out better than Richmond in the Taranto/Hooper trade. Tigers have got the midfield of the 15th ranked side. GWS get to rebuild a midfield from some pretty deep stock.

But Brisbane are the real winners.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I am absolutely not in favour of that. For megabucks and picks we want a genuine superstar, which TDK is not. For half the price? Absolutely!
    I'm not sure abot him either. Stats aren't everything but they provide for an interesting comparison (with Ladhams ahead of TDK at the same age): Tom De Koning and Peter Ladhams AFL Stats Comparison
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 9th March 2023 at 07:26 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

I agree with Gerard Healy this is all just pure speculation based on a young Swan allegedly telling TDK during last Friday night's game, that it will be good to see him playing for them next year according to Sam McLure in his AGE article.

As Healy also pointed out there's no way a young Swan would have inside knowledge of club's recruiting plans, who have always been secretive in this regard (Buddy deal as an example). Sam McLure threw up the 8 year deal we're allegedly offering and then Kane Cornes speculated the $1million pa and 2 first rounders to it in his discussion with Healy.

Like Himmelberg which we've been also linked to, there is a history of our club being mentioned whenever a player of worth comes out of contract. Player Manager ploy?

I agree that Himmelberg & TDK are the type of players club should be interested in right now and for us supporters it's fun to debate if they be a good fit. However, I would take it with a grain of salt of the contract details / draft picks curently being thrown up in the media. As Healy also pointed out, there be plenty of other clubs sniffing out TDK.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I agree with Gerard Healy this is all just pure speculation based on a young Swan allegedly telling TDK during last Friday night's game, that it will be good to see him playing for them next year according to Sam McLure in his AGE article.

As Healy also pointed out there's no way a young Swan would have inside knowledge of club's recruiting plans, who have always been secretive in this regard (Buddy deal as an example). Sam McLure threw up the 8 year deal we're allegedly offering and then Kane Cornes speculated the $1million pa and 2 first rounders to it in his discussion with Healy.

Like Himmelberg which we've been also linked to, there is a history of our club being mentioned whenever a player of worth comes out of contract. Player Manager ploy?

I agree that Himmelberg & TDK are the type of players club should be interested in right now and for us supporters it's fun to debate if they be a good fit. However, I would take it with a grain of salt of the contract details / draft picks curently being thrown up in the media. As Healy also pointed out, there be plenty of other clubs sniffing out TDK.
    I suspect that Geelong might already be interested. 'Would you like to play with your brother?' 'Do you like farms? I think I saw one going surprisingly cheap.'