Page 4 of 325 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 List Management

Not only do I not want TDK at anything like the prices being discussed, I absolutely don't believe the talk. It's a total beat up and I think you're a bunch of idiots for entertaining it this much! Are you the same chumps that start talking up recruiting Dusty last year when the media floated that?? I will go on a limb (not) and declare that we will NOT recruit TDK next trade season.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Apologies for my earlier intemperate comment. I'm not wanting to give offence. I could and should have been more restrained.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

The dusty to Sydney rumour was real. Just not to the swans. It was considered as part of the Taranto/hopper trade.

If TDK is gettable, then we should get.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Sydney is the perfect club for managers to use to leverage their client's deal. We are capable of luring big name recruits while keeping it all in house. It makes it so easy for a manager to manipulate a favourable scenario. The media love it too as they can speculate freely, knowing there are very few people who actually know what's happening.

That said, TDK is definitely one to watch and could be a great pick up.

I like TDK. I think he is a huge talent and fills a list need but it does need to be at the right price. We are definitely in the market for a tall forward. My number one target would be Naughton. Many would say that it is unlikely and they would probably be correct but like Lloyd Christmas, Im hanging on to a chance. The dogs have some excess with Jamarra, Sam Darcy, Rory Lobb, and Naughton. I believe Naughton is a "pre-agent" with his contract expiring at the end of 2024.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Apologies for my earlier intemperate comment. I'm not wanting to give offence. I could and should have been more restrained.
    Don't worry about it - you were as intemperate as a summers day - basically not at all
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Big shoes ๐Ÿ‘ž to fill when Bud hangs up his size 14s

We need more points

We need more strike power

We love entertainment and bums on seats at the Swans with key forwards puttong on a show to compete with all the other dominant Sydney codes

Hmmmm

I'm intrigued on our next moves re trades

Veterans List
    Sam McClure - a bloke who floats a thousand balloons every season hoping one will land as predicted. The footy media has to fill so many minutes and columns that they make stuff up and quote "sources" to justify said rumour.

Last season, look how much mileage they got out of the Dusty to Sydney rumour, and that's all it ever was, a rumour. Dusty was never contemplating leaving Richmond, it was just footy parasites dreaming up stuff because Dusty likes it in Sydney. Guess what, he'll be in Sydney a lot more - once he hangs up his boots! But gee it filled a space for the media for months.

Remember Darcy Moore to Sydney? That was never happening but persisted for months. Probably just his manager pumping up his next contract.

TDK, looks a talent but has yet to deliver. So does Amartey.

Himmelberg for free plugs a need for a few seasons. Naughton is worth the $ and the trade capital but TDK? Nah

We've ignored talls past two drafts so must have something planned - I hope

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Sam McClure - a bloke who floats a thousand balloons every season hoping one will land as predicted. The footy media has to fill so many minutes and columns that they make stuff up and quote "sources" to justify said rumour.

Last season, look how much mileage they got out of the Dusty to Sydney rumour, and that's all it ever was, a rumour. Dusty was never contemplating leaving Richmond, it was just footy parasites dreaming up stuff because Dusty likes it in Sydney. Guess what, he'll be in Sydney a lot more - once he hangs up his boots! But gee it filled a space for the media for months.

Remember Darcy Moore to Sydney? That was never happening but persisted for months. Probably just his manager pumping up his next contract.

TDK, looks a talent but has yet to deliver. So does Amartey.

Himmelberg for free plugs a need for a few seasons. Naughton is worth the $ and the trade capital but TDK? Nah

We've ignored talls past two drafts so must have something planned - I hope
    The Dustin Martin speculation always looked suspect. I never believed it, because it didn't make sense. It didn't fit with how the club was building the side.

A KPF fills the one hole in the club's list after Buddy and Reid retire. We have to be looking at TDK as a possibility. Himmelberg as well. Both would be a jump in quality over Amartey and McLean.

I think McLean continues to improve; he doesn't look quite good enough for a Sam Reid replacement, but he still have time to grow into the job.

Amartey looks to have the talent to fill the role, but he's often injured. Now he is again looking to start in the VFL and push his way into the senior side. It would be great if Amartey can get it together and put in a healthy season where he plays his best on a consistent basis, because his best would be up to the task.

There are so many good KPF duets among the top clubs that I feel we have to find a pa long-term partner for McDonald to keep up, and this would be the year to do it, with the likely retirement of Buddy.

Melbourne media reporting we're offering TDK 8 years at a mill per year. Sam Docherty says he won't be getting in the kids ear about staying.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Melbourne media reporting we're offering TDK 8 years at a mill per year. Sam Docherty says he won't be getting in the kids ear about staying.
    I'd be happy for TDK to come to the Swans but for 5 years and a little cheaper, say 800,000 p/a to start with. No millstone around our neck and then renegotiate when the time comes. He'll love us of course and stay longer.....3 to 4 more for 900,000 p/a. He's no Buddy.

Goes up to 11
    Tippett mark II???