Page 5 of 325 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 List Management

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Tippett mark II???
    TDK has a far less impressive track record than when Dirty Kurt was recruited

TDK's are on a par with Ladhams at the same age - so I'm not getting the excitement (presumably it's not just the absence of other topics) - so would appreciate if someone would fill me in.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 15th March 2023 at 10:38 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

There is a short discussion and some highlights of TDK on the AFL's Access All Areas. Some may reconsider their skepticism. Start at about the 5:30 mark.

AAA: Blues 'miss a trick' with young gun, Pie 'needs to be careful'

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    There is a short discussion and some highlights of TDK on the AFL's Access All Areas. Some may reconsider their skepticism. Start at about the 5:30 mark.

The few highlights of him in that short package while they were discussing him were very impressive. I'd be happy to see him at the Swans. Plenty of upside.

TDK is way to tall for a ruckman πŸ˜†πŸ˜

Veteran Site Admin
    Inside Trading: Don to wait, young Blue to re-sign, Dog closes in on new deal

This article contains a couple of paragraphs about Swans players - talks in progress with Stephens and suspicion that Sheldrick has already committed to a two year extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

First up thanks for the link Ludwig, and double plus thanks for the where-to-start.

TDK's chase down particularly was very impressive in that vision, more so than his bare stats.
    The suggestion by Lloyd that CHF,Ruck,CHB are all options was also interesting - and that the world's his oyster. All of which sounded like I might indeed need to reconsider, a genuine utility would be great TDK/LRT.
    But then today I watched my recording of last nights Footy Classified, and that very same Matthew Lloyd was noting that he hasn't done that much so far, is only worth 400k a season.

All a bit confusing. So I think it'd be prudent for this particular "Some" to hang on to his skepticism a little longer.

I might watch tonights game, TDK will be 1st ruck against the Nank.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 16th March 2023 at 04:19 PM.

Watched all the footy shows last night (360, FB & FC) and on Footy Classified Damien Barrett reported St Kilda and Hawthorn are also interested in TDK. Stephen Silvagni got TDK to Carlton and now that he is at St Kilda, speculation he'll do shifty moves to get TDK to the Saints. TDK has played 33 games over 4 seasons for 11 goals. Based on those stats, Matthew Lloyd thinks he's worth $400k but will require much higher to prize him out, with $800k being floated. Big money based on those stats and more on potential. If TDK does decide to leave Carlton, surely we're way more of a destination club than Saints & Hawks? Plus we have the Royal Hall Training Facility which is a player magnet according to Gerard Healy!

Veterans List
    TDK might join his brother at Geelong for something like $500k/season

Oh, and the opportunity to "invest" in some sure fire property development

I'd happily fork out $800K per season and more for Harry McKay. Not that I rate that any chance of happening.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Pleasing to see that Dylan Stephens is on the way to re-signing and Sheldrick has agreed a deal. Both important to our future!

ALst nights game didn't really convert me to the ranks of TDK true believers. Should I be looking at him as a ruck capable forward or as true utility, a sort of modern day LRT Ludwig?

I was not at all impressed with TDK. Let's go after Harry Himmelberg.

Even better, let's turn McLean into the next Tony Lockett.