Page 8 of 325 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 List Management

If we are chasing a ruck, what about Darcy... looks to struggle with the arrival of jackson. Not sure what he would demand $ wise, but at 25 could fit our age profile nicely

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    It rather depends on Tom Hickey, although he's 32, he's only played 139 senior games - so he may (or may not) be there for the next couple of seasons.
    If latter is correct and his end is coming sooner, then I'd be looking for a ruck who can provide at least as much as McLean up forward. Matthew Flynn will be a RFA at the end of this year, by the way - just like HH.

Sorry - to clarify
    If all is well with Tom, I'd not chase another ruck but see how the two developent projects we have progress.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 27th March 2023 at 09:23 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    It rather depends on Tom Hickey, although he's 32, he's only played 139 senior games - so he may (or may not) be there for the next couple of seasons.
    If latter is correct and his end is coming sooner, then I'd be looking for a ruck who can provide at least as much as McLean up forward. Matthew Flynn will be a RFA at the end of this year, by the way - just like HH.
    A major problem with rucks in general is that they are more injury prone than most, or so it seems. Hence the need to stockpile them, which in turn leads to selection issues. Our recruiters and coaches have done well over the years, going back to the old South days- I remember “which” Way, Frank Johnson and of course the great Barry Round. By the same token, we let go a few in recent years for various reasons like Mummy, Nanny and Cameron after 1 game!

It’s a tough job for our staff but a key position and essential as we need a top combo if we are to win the flag. Geelong got their run in the 1st quarter in the GF as big Tom wasn’t fully fit and Sammy was absent.

It was great to see the 3 emerging talls get some serious game in McLean, McDonald and Amartey

Will be fascinating to see our selections next few weeks

Melbourne, Port then Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    It was great to see the 3 emerging talls get some serious game in McLean, McDonald and Amartey

Will be fascinating to see our selections next few weeks

Melbourne, Port then Tigers
    I think Amartey and McDonald are our future talls combination. We saw their potential on Sunday and it was a joy to watch.

This is a controversial statement, but we need to find another role for Buddy. Buddy demands the ball every time he leads and that can be to the detriment of other developing forwards. Time and space need to be a priority for Logan and Joel.

When one needs a rest, then insert Buddy. It's just my opinion, but we need to build that forward combination while Buddy is still around, not afterwards.

Veterans List
    Let's keep death riding the Hawks, we have their second and third in this draft, that's currently sitting as pick 19 & 38. We got them by swapping last years pick 18 (Weddle) for pick 27 (Cooper Vickery).

Nice work KB, in summary, currently it's picks 19 and 38 plus Vickery for pick 18

I like how Hawks are tracking this season, long may it continue - go Roos!

707 with a little wasp sting 😊😁😆

Mate I must admit I never feel like that against other teams

It is a brutal system to succeed in the AFL and I honestly love that people have a passion to invest in whether it be a team like the Swans or others

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Let's keep death riding the Hawks, we have their second and third in this draft, that's currently sitting as pick 19 & 38. We got them by swapping last years pick 18 (Weddle) for pick 27 (Cooper Vickery).

Nice work KB, in summary, currently it's picks 19 and 38 plus Vickery for pick 18

It also seems quite negligent by the Hawthorn staff. I mean, they'd already got rid of plenty of experienced players, so there was every likelihood of this year's picks being on the more valuable end of the scale.

One to them and 2 to us would be a good outcome for us - and not do much for their rebuild

I can understand Hawthorn “tanking” for draft picks, but not when we’ve got 2 out of their top 3?

Makes no sense …

Perhaps Sam Mitchell is a red and white double agent?

Veterans List
    Harley Reid is the prize for Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

Weddle would have to turn out to be some sort of player for them to justify that trade, particularly given their current plight. Both their List Management and Draft strategies will come under severe scrutiny. They'll also be compared with the Roos under Clarkson.