Page 209 of 325 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,497 to 2,508 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

  1. #2497
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    In hiding
    Posts
    430
    Nice to hear we have a couple of players wanting to come to Sydney.
    I think Jordan will be very useful. He's behind some quality players in the Melbourne midfield so will hopefully have learnt from them and will get a good opportunity to show his abilities, especially given Mills' injury.

  2. #2498
    Veterans List dejavoodoo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    7,597
    Jordan seems like a good depth pick up. He averaged just over 20 possessions a game in 2022, when he played every game. If he does sign, it might mean that Clarke is more likely to be delisted.

    And for what it's worth, these are the latest Rookie Me power rankings.

    AFL Draft Power Rankings: September 2023 - Aussie Rules Rookie Me Central

    Nothing much has changed. O'Sullivan is still at pick 10, which probably means that we have to trade up, if we really want him. Alternatively, and if we are looking to bolster our KPD stocks, Ollie Murphy at 14 could be an option. He's a 200cm athletic defender, who has also spent time forward and in the ruck.

    For our current pick 23, George Stephens is around the mark, and he appeals to me as a possible Luke Parker replacement.

  3. #2499
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Let’s hope he turns into another Josh Kennedy, not in the role as such, but a possible talent coming from a stacked midfield. Hard to shine in that Melbourne midfield but he’s had a few years competing with some of the best.
    Jordon, at 187cm, is almost as tall as Josh (188cm) and is the same height as Mills.

  4. #2500
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Jordan seems like a good depth pick up. He averaged just over 20 possessions a game in 2022, when he played every game. If he does sign, it might mean that Clarke is more likely to be delisted.
    They could put Mills on long term injury list, giving us an extra list spot until around the mid season draft. Can we offer Clarke a contract till then, and re-sign him for another 6 months if Mills’ recovery is no good?

  5. #2501
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    854
    2 players who will not cost. Jordan an unrestricted free agent (possible replacement for Stephens and Grundy replaces Hickey (as long as AFL does not let Pies wiggle out of deal tgo pay$350k per yr of his salary)

  6. #2502
    Good news that Jordon (or any player for that matter) has chosen us above all others. I have said it in another post, but I'm doubling down that we should go with a Melbourne trifecta and also bring in Harmes, particularly now that Mills is injured.

    Harmes is a proven midfield bull, and at 27 is hardened and ready to play his best football immediately.

    The only reason that I can think of that we don't go down this path is if the recruiting team and coaches are promising a midfield role for Jordon.

    Jordon has proven that he can play on the outside in the AFL, but just looking at his numbers in a few VFL games from this year, he may have spent a fair amount of time on ball. We may have promised to give him an opportunity to prove himself in that area at AFL level?

    Hopefully, as another posted, he can do a Joey and give us 10 more years of brilliant football and rub a bit of salt into the wounds as another swans recruiting success story!

    Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

  7. #2503
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Close to the old Lake Oval
    Posts
    3,930
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Good news that Jordon (or any player for that matter) has chosen us above all others. I have said it in another post, but I'm doubling down that we should go with a Melbourne trifecta and also bring in Harmes, particularly now that Mills is injured.

    Harmes is a proven midfield bull, and at 27 is hardened and ready to play his best football immediately.

    The only reason that I can think of that we don't go down this path is if the recruiting team and coaches are promising a midfield role for Jordon.

    Jordon has proven that he can play on the outside in the AFL, but just looking at his numbers in a few VFL games from this year, he may have spent a fair amount of time on ball. We may have promised to give him an opportunity to prove himself in that area at AFL level?

    Hopefully, as another posted, he can do a Joey and give us 10 more years of brilliant football and rub a bit of salt into the wounds as another swans recruiting success story!

    Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    Was in their premiership team as sub as a 20yo. Fair effort.

  8. #2504
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    296
    Blog Entries
    1
    The system does not work like that. You either commit to a 12 month contract or you delist him. In my opinion Clarke has had his chances and now is the classic list clogger. Time to move on

  9. #2505
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    296
    Blog Entries
    1
    Grundy will cost a second round draft pick. Still outstanding value

  10. #2506
    I suspect Harmes has some qualities that will be on interest ie can goal and play HFF and can play some midfield

    Money will be a sticking point and or trade price as a pick

    But three players from same club would be handy in connection and flow

  11. #2507
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    They could put Mills on long term injury list, giving us an extra list spot until around the mid season draft. Can we offer Clarke a contract till then, and re-sign him for another 6 months if Mills’ recovery is no good?
    The long-term injury (LTI) list doesn't really exist any more. That allowed rookies to play senior football for as long as a player was on the LTI, with an eight week minimum "out" period for the injured player.

    Once rookies were allowed to play senior football regardless, the LTI lost its raison d'etre.

    Nowadays you can deactivate a player for the season, and replace him either at the start of the year (via the supplementary signing period) or in the mid-season draft. But once a player is deactivated for the season. you can't bring them back. So you only deactivate players you know can't play again (or you don't care if they play again) in a season.

  12. #2508
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    They could put Mills on long term injury list, giving us an extra list spot until around the mid season draft. Can we offer Clarke a contract till then, and re-sign him for another 6 months if Mills’ recovery is no good?
    Please Mal, can we forget about Clarke? We can’t win a flag if we have below average players, even if they can sometimes tag. Let’s just look at the two teams in the Granny- would Clarke get into either?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO