Page 215 of 325 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,569 to 2,580 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Very good point AB, and the probable answer is no. Chad was clearly not on the radar of other clubs. These are the vagrancy’s of the draft.
    You win some and you lose some

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    James Jordon, we can sign after the 18th as he is not a trade, but I imagine we want to confirm the details during the same period, as it may impact if we still want Dow or how much we are prepared to trade for him.
    Why can't we sign Jordon this Friday (6th)?

Veteran Site Admin
    Inside trading Roos target pick one, Dee to go on, big Dog to stay

Lots of waffle in this article - or, at least, stuff unlikely to interest the average Swans fan - but towards the end it observes that the introduction of an additional list spot for a "veteran" is unlikely to be introduced ahead of season 2024. That may leave Reid's future more uncertain - though even if it had been introduced, Rampe would also qualify, so it wouldn't have necessarily made Reid's retention probable.

Two key backs who have been identified as trade bait are Clurey, Port Power, and Borlace, Adelaide Crows. Borlace is talented, only 21 and a tall intercept key back and Clurey has played on key forwards during his career but has had an injury year in 2023. Worth a look for very little

Veteran Site Admin
    Adelaide are extremely light on for key defenders next year. Even if Doedee stays, he’s out for at least half the season. And Nick Murray will miss most, of not all, of next year. So if they are willing to shed Borlase, you have to wonder why.
    Last edited by liz; 2nd October 2023 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Spelt name incorrectly

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Why can't we sign Jordon this Friday (6th)?
    We can sign him straight away.

Club might however, want to wait to see who else is available for trade before we commit to final terms. Eg if we secretly have a bigger name midfielder to come to us, eg Petracca or Oliver (absurd examples to illustrate the point) then he would be depth recruitment only and we would offer low dollars (and he might not want to come anymore too).

Adelaide are extremely light on for key defenders next year. Even if Doedee stays, he’s out for at least half the season. And Nick Murray will miss most, of not all, of next year. So if they are willing to shed Borlaise, you have to wonder why.
    Good point but Borlace is looking for opportunities as he is only 21 and from private school and Sturt so solid football background. Sometimes, there are reasons we don't know about why he isn't getting a game. Kamis from Bulldogs is the same, just can't get a game and worth a look at. I'm sure Kinnear and the recruiters are identifying some smoky key defenders who are in the same boat.

Veteran Site Admin
    We can sign him straight away.

Club might however, want to wait to see who else is available for trade before we commit to final terms. Eg if we secretly have a bigger name midfielder to come to us, eg Petracca or Oliver (absurd examples to illustrate the point) then he would be depth recruitment only and we would offer low dollars (and he might not want to come anymore too).
    He's already announced - or so the media are reporting - that he wants to join Sydney. That indicates he and the club have already agreed terms. It's hard to imagine him nominating us if they hadn't agreed terms.

If the club were to back out because they "found someone better" it wouldn't look good. I imagine it would seriously harm our chances of getting free agents (or even non-free agents who want to change club) nominating us in the future.

Senior Player
    He's already announced - or so the media are reporting - that he wants to join Sydney. That indicates he and the club have already agreed terms. It's hard to imagine him nominating us if they hadn't agreed terms.

If the club were to back out because they "found someone better" it wouldn't look good. I imagine it would seriously harm our chances of getting free agents (or even non-free agents who want to change club) nominating us in the future.
    Good point. Thanks Liz, I agree it would look foolish for Jordan to nominate us publicly if we didn’t want him and or were miles apart re terms.

I think a few pages ago someone mentioned Wicks.

Sam has just turned 24hrs of age and 50 games now.

I sense we will take on Sam for another 2 years despite unsigned. He is playing a very tricky role and probably a valued role by his team mates and coaching staff. Despite Konstanty becoming more than a footy player and and now the defeater of inside senior mids and showing his captain the arm bar in a wrestle…….. I don’t think Konstanty is a walk start for the role that Wicks plays just yet.

I know it might sound a slightly radical but I could imagine Hawthorn, North and even Saints seeing Sam at his stage of development a target at low trade pick currency and a moderate salary.

Sam brings an intensity that is valued and even more so his experience would be valued upfront if the opportunity presented ?

Joe Daniher?

Good point. Thanks Liz, I agree it would look foolish for Jordan to nominate us publicly if we didn’t want him and or were miles apart re terms.
    Joe Daniher gave it a run …