Page 201 of 325 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,412 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

  1. #2401
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    296
    Blog Entries
    1
    Auntie,
    You are spot on. The fact is big guys take longer to develop. Curnow has been in the system for 8 years and it is the last two that he has become a star. We have to be aggressive in this free agency and trade period.
    Yes I believe we will get Grundy and that will certainly be a big plus, but we are in a position to go further. I am sure the club feels the same way and has positioned itself perfectly to do this.

  2. #2402
    Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    3,886
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    In fact, none of their best 22 has been injured.
    My recollection is that Kelly, Green and Daniels have all been missing for multiple hgams this year - and that's just the mids.
    Something else is going on at the giants, for the first time ever they genuinely look like a super cohesive and united team.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

  3. #2403
    We should be looking at the Gold Coast's playing group as they are desperate to offload players to accommodate the young draft talent they want to recruit. Their VFL team has had an incredible season, finishing top and will play in this weekend's VFL Grand Final and there are several key defence position standouts such as Stein who could be getable at minimal cost. It's worth look

  4. #2404
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    We should be looking at the Gold Coast's playing group as they are desperate to offload players to accommodate the young draft talent they want to recruit. Their VFL team has had an incredible season, finishing top and will play in this weekend's VFL Grand Final and there are several key defence position standouts such as Stein who could be getable at minimal cost. It's worth look
    Yep good call.

    I've always been bullish on Constable as a big bodied inside mid, even from his Geelong days.

    I don't understand why he struggles to get games at AFL level as from the limited exposure i've seen when he got games at Geelong and some pre season stuff, he got a fair chunk of the footy.

    At Gold Coast this year, they tried him as a half back flanker but still didn't get a game.

    I suppose the knock on him might be his disposal efficiency? But if he wasn't a decent kick you wouldn't think the Suns would want him off half back so I'm not sure what his issue is.

    All I know is that he still gets a heap of it at VFL level, and he's still young enough.

    I reckon he could be the player to replace a Joey Kennedy inside and then get it out to our runners like Errol!

    I hope we have a crack!

    Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

  5. #2405
    Reefer Madness
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in a yellow submarine
    Posts
    4,547
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Yep good call.

    I've always been bullish on Constable as a big bodied inside mid, even from his Geelong days.

    I don't understand why he struggles to get games at AFL level as from the limited exposure i've seen when he got games at Geelong and some pre season stuff, he got a fair chunk of the footy.

    At Gold Coast this year, they tried him as a half back flanker but still didn't get a game.

    I suppose the knock on him might be his disposal efficiency? But if he wasn't a decent kick you wouldn't think the Suns would want him off half back so I'm not sure what his issue is.

    All I know is that he still gets a heap of it at VFL level, and he's still young enough.

    I reckon he could be the player to replace a Joey Kennedy inside and then get it out to our runners like Errol!

    I hope we have a crack!

    Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    And his ability to run defensively is zero. Not for endeavour, just too slow.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

  6. #2406
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,499
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Yep good call.

    I've always been bullish on Constable as a big bodied inside mid, even from his Geelong days.

    I don't understand why he struggles to get games at AFL level as from the limited exposure i've seen when he got games at Geelong and some pre season stuff, he got a fair chunk of the footy.

    At Gold Coast this year, they tried him as a half back flanker but still didn't get a game.

    I suppose the knock on him might be his disposal efficiency? But if he wasn't a decent kick you wouldn't think the Suns would want him off half back so I'm not sure what his issue is.

    All I know is that he still gets a heap of it at VFL level, and he's still young enough.

    I reckon he could be the player to replace a Joey Kennedy inside and then get it out to our runners like Errol!

    I hope we have a crack!

    Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    If we were going to try and prise out a young Gold Coast midfielder I'd much rather Alex Davies. I suspect a few clubs have inquired, because a month or two ago there was a news piece saying he was contracted (ie Hands Off!) He's still quite young so it's not an indictment on him that he hasn't nailed down a spot but it's hard to see how he's going to crack a best-22 spot while the Suns have Anderson, Miller, Rowell et al. He's probably their "next in" if any of the front liners are out.

    He's got a body the size of Tom Green but plays in a bit of a more introverted style. Still, he can be effective when given a shot.

    I suspect we won't. Too much of a long shot to prise him out.

  7. #2407
    After watching tonight , I’ll say it again a strong big bodied mid is what we need . De Goey the difference tonight


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #2408
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    296
    Blog Entries
    1
    The fact he has failed at two clubs would be enough to scare clubs off. He is a good player at VFL level, but the pace and intensity goes up a notch at senior level

  9. #2409
    Hard to see where we go from here trade wise though I’ve come to agreeing Grundy will be a major in for us and hopefully for many years.

    Mids I feel we are well placed. Campbell and Sheldrick could well be big improvers next year with Roberts and Warner having potential. Plus Cleary appears a solid addition.

    Forwards I feel very comfortable with with McDonald, Amartey, Mclean and Mensa.

    We’re certainly a key defender short. I expect we’ll grab a stop gap for depth and possibly draft a defender with an early pick.

    I think for the right price Wayward is tradeable but it would need to involve the Crows first rounder. If we got that and the Suns pick 4 was in play we may have a crack at that.

  10. #2410
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The commentators go on and on about game style, coach, tactics, role players, etc, etc about GWS's rise, but it could just be that they have no injuries. In fact, none of their best 22 has been injured. Their run coincides with Sam Taylor being available.
    It's as simple as that.

    We have all the boxes ticked of good list, good coaches, good environment. All we need is a run of luck.
    I think GWS showed last night that they’re a little more than “just an injury free team”.

    They’re extremely well coached and have recruited very well finding cut price gems to complement their stars.

  11. #2411
    Agree

    Secondly I loved McCraes intel after the game last night

    For two years after every single session at training (fatigued) they do 2mins of one on one fight drills (contested)

    He said I don’t how many hours that adds up to but over two years it was what is needed coming into the big moments

    I suspect everything will be examined Re our contested footy this pre seasons including do we have the players that can truly be a step above the best contested in the comp

    It’s our Achilles heel right now but maybe a double down and one or two recruits could help us swim above the line that this competition demands

  12. #2412
    Quote Originally Posted by WomblingFree View Post
    Hard to see where we go from here trade wise though I’ve come to agreeing Grundy will be a major in for us and hopefully for many years.

    Mids I feel we are well placed. Campbell and Sheldrick could well be big improvers next year with Roberts and Warner having potential. Plus Cleary appears a solid addition.

    Forwards I feel very comfortable with with McDonald, Amartey, Mclean and Mensa.

    We’re certainly a key defender short. I expect we’ll grab a stop gap for depth and possibly draft a defender with an early pick.

    I think for the right price Wayward is tradeable but it would need to involve the Crows first rounder. If we got that and the Suns pick 4 was in play we may have a crack at that.
    Not sure whats more crazy
    Hayward trade talk
    Hayward as a poor performer
    Or the people saying Hayward is a poor performer expecting a 1st Rounder

    Ill say it again 25+ goals 3 yrs in a row, do a filter on small forwards doing that and let me know

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO