Page 217 of 325 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,593 to 2,604 of 3893

Thread: 2023 List Management

Warming the Bench
    Hambling sounds a bit like desperation.
    I think our defence is generally quite good, but gets exposed when our midfield is performing badly. Hopefully improved coaching and structures, along with Jordan, and potentially Dow, can help turn that around.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    Hambling sounds a bit like desperation.
    I think our defence is generally quite good, but gets exposed when our midfield is performing badly. Hopefully improved coaching and structures, along with Jordan, and potentially Dow, can help turn that around.
    Reckon plenty of people would have said the same about Frampton last year. I'm not for list cloggers but think the Pies have demonstrated sometimes when you've got a critical deficit getting a quick fix can be better than waiting for the perfect solution.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Hamling has played six games in the past four years, or something similar, diue to recurring injuries. And he's 30 years old. Hard pass.
    He played a full season in the WAFL this season, couldn’t break into Freo’s team. If he passes a medical he’s a cheap back up/short term option until we can develop our own key defenders

Id play Arnold over Hamling
    30 yr old 6 games in 3 yrs

Give me a break

Hamling would be a good get if cheap.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    We know it's silly season time, when even Cal Twomey has put his name to a yarn on AFL.com that 'clubs are weighing up whether to make a play for Clayton Oliver'.

Like, I'm sure clubs are thinking about whether they would benefit from recruiting Errol Gulden, or Charlie Curnow, or Nick Daicos.

(Having said that, in the fantasy world where he is up for grabs, whatever Melbourne wants.)
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    The fact Hamling could not get a game in an underperforming Dockers team might tell you something. Would he be any better than Melican, Francis, Arnold or perhaps even Buller in that position

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    We know it's silly season time, when even Cal Twomey has put his name to a yarn on AFL.com that 'clubs are weighing up whether to make a play for Clayton Oliver'.

Like, I'm sure clubs are thinking about whether they would benefit from recruiting Errol Gulden, or Charlie Curnow, or Nick Daicos.

(Having said that, in the fantasy world where he is up for grabs, whatever Melbourne wants.)
    I absolutely hate trade radio but seem to get sucked in without fail for a few minutes every year. The amount of dribble that gets thrown around is ridiculous. Not to mention listening to ads every two minutes. I think it's the speculation that I paradoxically love and hate. What I wouldn't give to have a confidential cuppa with Kinnear this time every year instead!

Hambling is 194 - doesn't add a difference to what we have; or fill the gap defending the 200+ forwards such as the Kings, McKay and Daniher IMHO

Regular in the Side
    what about giant/crow hetely. confident he can play a strong mid role

Regular in the Side
    just read a bit more about jackson hately > giant from 2018, then crow from 2020 . Was an AA in u18 in 2018. Mid season 2020 to crows. good size 191cm

Hamling had an ankle injury which became infected and was out of footy for well over a year. Freo’s defence has good players, although they were disrupted with injury and trying to work on synergy. When fit, he’s a good player who has missed a lot of footy in recent times.