Page 53 of 325 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 List Management

Regular in the Side
    Some pics of Buller & Arnold at their first training run are up on the Swans website. Both big units.
    I see Buller wears blacks boots, so he isn't lacking in confidence. I'd keeping to something more modest like Heeney's pair until I had proved myself ;-)

Also, Amartey & Rampe are back in training. Perhaps they have been for a while and I just missed it.

Veterans List
    Naughton is a crap kick.....I'm not sure we should pursue him. Ugle-Hagan is a great kick.....I'd like him at the Swans but Himmelberg is probably the most gettable.

Hey Bandwagon
    mate i cant see that video or article on the swans website as yet?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Logan McDonald is becoming a gun key forward. I don't think we need another headliner for our forward line. If we can only keep Amartey on the field and if McLean continues on his notable improvement, our forward line should be okay.

Harry Himmelberg is still the main target this year, and might just be enough, depending how we go on the injury front with other KPPs.

If we did chase Naughton, I would look to play him as a key defender. He would be a great intercept mark.

It's going to be hard planning our KPP requirements until the end of the season,There's o much uncertainty with so many players. Himmelberg is a definite yes, and we might just have to wait on the rest.

Regular in the Side
    Hi Auntie
    At the top of the site Latest>Galleries. 😁

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Ugle-hagan is your buddy replacement. Naughton is your warrick capper replacement.
    I know the glamour key-forward appeals to many, but I can't help noticing the number of premierships we actually won with those two.
    For me, I've seen an awful lot of marque key forwards, 100 goal seasons etc. - but I enjoyed actually winning a flag far, far more than all that fluff.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I know the glamour key-forward appeals to many, but I can't help noticing the number of premierships we actually won with those two.
    For me, I've seen an awful lot of marque key forwards, 100 goal seasons etc. - but I enjoyed actually winning a flag far, far more than all that fluff.
    Good point. We really need to find a Barry hall or LRT replacement.

I've been on record many pages ago asking for a Naughton approach. The Bulldogs are overrun with talls. He can play both forward and back. He is only 23 and can fit in well with our age profile. His kicking hasn't been as good this year but don't forget he kicked 51.34 last year.

The other club who will soon have an excess of talls is Gold Coast with their guns coming through next year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Naughton is a crap kick.....I'm not sure we should pursue him. Ugle-Hagan is a great kick.....I'd like him at the Swans but Himmelberg is probably the most gettable.
    Ugle-Hagan's kicking on Saturday night wasn't good. He missed at least 3 or 4 shots and his only goal came from a kick in the goal square. I haven't watched him much so maybe the yips were a one off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Ugle-Hagan's kicking on Saturday night wasn't good. He missed at least 3 or 4 shots and his only goal came from a kick in the goal square. I haven't watched him much so maybe the yips were a one off.
    HH looks the most gettable, but I can’t see why Naughton or Ugle-Hagen would want to leave the Dogs. They are very competitive plus with help from the umps can challenge for a flag, unfortunately.

One KPP would be great though so hopefully we pick one up, KB.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Logan McDonald is becoming a gun key forward. I don't think we need another headliner for our forward line. If we can only keep Amartey on the field and if McLean continues on his notable improvement, our forward line should be okay.

Harry Himmelberg is still the main target this year, and might just be enough, depending how we go on the injury front with other KPPs.

If we did chase Naughton, I would look to play him as a key defender. He would be a great intercept mark.

It's going to be hard planning our KPP requirements until the end of the season,There's o much uncertainty with so many players. Himmelberg is a definite yes, and we might just have to wait on the rest.
    Agree. Plus, who knows, Buller might work out.

Veterans List
    Or we keep our Salary Cap space and just take all our picks to the very strong ND to keep building organically.

It's possible we get three picks in before having to match our first academy player, who is probably Cleary?