Page 1 of 319 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 List Management

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Player

2023 List Management

Do we have such a thread yet? I struggle with the site thread structure TBH!

Anyway, article suggesting Richmond should target Hayden MacLean who will be out of contract and that we should target Shannon Neale as a cheap ruck/forward replacement.

The out-of-contract target your AFL club should be scouting throughout 2023 - AFL News - Zero Hanger - Page 16

Veterans List
    Always good to start talking list changes before the season starts!

Only a handful of the ZH targets are likely to be in play, mostly go homers. I'm sure we're working on something as we plain ignored talls the past two drafts. Having the Hawks second and third is nice if we have to trade, we all death riding the Hawks for more than just the usual reason this season :-)

Liz, not sure if the title shouldn't be 2023 as all the moves are done this year although those moves shape our 2024 list?

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Always good to start talking list changes before the season starts!
    The equivalent thread started 9 Feb 2022

Liz, not sure if the title shouldn't be 2023 as all the moves are done this year although those moves shape our 2024 list?
    Changed. Last year's thread was "2022 List management ...."
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Important for us to re-sign Dylan ASAP. Croweater clubs will target him just like Dawson.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Don't Dylan's family still live in Mildura?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I believe that he originally is from there but he boarded at school in Adelaide for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Thereabouts. (I think Dyl played his junior footy for Red Cliffs.) And am I right in remembering they run a servo wherever it is in those parts?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Thereabouts. (I think Dyl played his junior footy for Red Cliffs.) And am I right in remembering they run a servo wherever it is in those parts?
    Red Cliffs is about 10k from Mildura, like an outer suburb. Coming from Broken Hill there is a definite bond with our brothers and síters from Mildura and Wentworth. I doubt he has much loyalty to Adelaide. People from that area tend to think of District not state and I remember The Hill wanting to secede from NSW but not necessarily wanting to be a part of SA. Mildura wanted to do the same when the Vic government got rid of the train, the Sunraysia Express, but still did not want to be a part of NSW. Now to get to Mildura you have to get a train to Maryborough then a bus to Mildura.

Although when the SA govt stopped the South Eastern to Mt Gambier, and viciously tore up the tracks so it could never be reinstated, Mt Gambier wanted to secede to Victoria. Haha. Local loyalties.

Most people in The Hill do not follow The Crows, even though they are far closer to Adelaide than Sydney or Melbourne. They follow the teams they always have, whether that be Swans, Bombers, North or Pies etc. Same with Mildura. But the true loyalties, still lie with the local teams. I will be a Robins supporter til the day I die. West Broken Hill is I my blood.​Although my grandfather's both played for other teams, Dad's Dạ for North and Mum's Pa or South. I grew up in Westies District and a my first kick at Mosquito Fleet at 4yrs. I won a watch at U12.

So, where will Dil see hi loyalties lying? With Redcliffs, that's who. Second loyalty will be for the Swans because we drafted him. Unless he has married an Adelaide girl, very unlikely, then he stays put.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    As a former boarder myself - I suggest you may be overestimating the alure of the city you boarded in.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

It's looking like Harry Himmelberg is half way across the line to join another club at season's end: North Melbourne tall Ben McKay, GWS gun Harry Himmelberg reportedly put contract plans on hold - AFL News - Zero Hanger. I wonder if it might be us? But we're not the only club that could use his services.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    It's looking like Harry Himmelberg is half way across the line to join another club at season's end: North Melbourne tall Ben McKay, GWS gun Harry Himmelberg reportedly put contract plans on hold - AFL News - Zero Hanger. I wonder if it might be us? But we're not the only club that could use his services.
    Giants have cap problems and Himmelberg will be wanting a big pay rise. I am not sure they could match other offers. I am not sure he would fit into our cap either, even with Bud retiring. Maybe, but it would be a squeeze. If Amartey or McLean do not workout he could be the missing link. He will be 28 next year so still fits into our demographic.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

FWIW, on Ch 7 news 2 nights ago it was reported we where interested in Himmelberg. Wary that seems to be the catch phrase by the media whenever a significant player comes out of contract.

Page 1 of 319 123451151101 ... LastLast