Page 52 of 325 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 List Management

If other backs have become successful forwards well Blakey still could be a very important forward for us…….or a brilliant back

I honestly can’t pick what pathway with be Blakeys

He could do either as he is that good

It's always wonderful when top quality footballers want to stay with your club. Blakey is just that and I love the nod to the other youngsters with his comments about hopefully keeping this group together.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I get your point, and you are technically correct; but the way player movement is these days, everyone is available at the right terms.
    Cox is every bit as available as Allir was for Port. Pre-agency means some times a club is more willing to do a deal.

Not necessarily a fan of long deals, but seems to make sense with the Academy players I guess. The way the Lizard is playing at the moment it's like Stephen May mated with Adam Saad.

Regular in the Side
    Jack Bartholomeaus has been wearing #47 for our VFL team this season. I think he will need a new number now.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    #47 will always be Leon Higgins for me.
    Haha great call, imagine him playing modern day football with his long bullet like kicks on his left foot

On the couch said that we are after Aaron naughton.
    Makes sense

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    #47 will always be Leon Higgins for me.
    Very good player, I was a young bloke when I was watching Leon play LOL

OTC indicated lots of clubs had enquired about Naughton. There's a club with the Number 1 pick that surely would have asked

2021 - 47 goals
    2022 - 53 goals
    2023 - 22 goals so far

Yes Naughton would be the guy we should give an offer he and the Bulldogs can’t refuse

But so will everyone else

I would not be surprised if we are after Ugle Hagan while the Bulldogs are getting hammered to match deals for English and Naughton

They all come out of contract 2024 end of season

One will have to go

Bloody hell if we had to keep letting go of Hewett, Dawso and AA due to better offers vs cap then so will the Dogs massively

U would have to say Ugle Hagan would be 3rd in line for a massive pay day at the Dogs

Would u do large 9 years contract for Ugle?

If not it will take something just as creative with another player but probably more $ and a significant trade

Stepped

$750k
    $800k
    $850k
    $900k
    $950k
    $1m
    $1.05m
    $1.1m
    $1.15m

Ugle-hagan is your buddy replacement. Naughton is your warrick capper replacement.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Ugle-Hagan is going to be a better player than Naughton. He's tracking wonderfully. I'm not sure about the dollars above though - appreciating that's what it would likely take.

My interest in Naughton would be as a defender. He'd be AA down there intercepting everything with his marking skills.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say