Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy games 2023

Our academy side is playing Brisbane at 1.30 today. Which is a bit irritating, as much of the match clashes with our game against the Giants. I mean, how hard would it be to schedule a match that didn't clash?

Anyway, this is the team.

B: Liam Lieschke (13), Ethan Hyams (16), Jeromos Mills-Vasas (28)
    HB: Nicholas Andreacchio (1), Christian Webster (34), Khy Gibbs (33)
    C: Ned Hawkins (29), Caiden Cleary (27), Tye Gander (23)
    HF: James Lugsdin (25), Harrison Podmore Taylor (31), Cooper Mcclennan (2)
    F: Max Rider (12), Jed Robin (37), Noah Chamberlain (30)
    Fol: Caleb May (36), Indhi Kirk (11), Joe Harrison (9)
    Int: Cameron Este (32), Owen Turner (15), Joshua Nicholls (21), Hamish Morrison (18), Charlie Winney (4), Lachlan Cabor (7)

In front 2-2 to 0-1 at quarter time, but I think we had the wind advantage. The usual suspects were good in midfield, with Cleary possibly the best. Webster made some useful runs out of defence and Gander looked like he was enjoying being switched back to the wing.

Watched the final quarter during half time. We won 61-23. From what I saw, our pressure was very good, with lots of useful contributions.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Watched the final quarter during half time. We won 61-23. From what I saw, our pressure was very good, with lots of useful contributions.
    Final scores with goalkickers here: https://www.playhq.com/afl/org/coate...entre/00702bf4.

According to that, the best were: 'Christian Webster, Khy Gibbs, Tye Gander, Indhi Kirk, Owen Turner, Ned Hawkins'.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Final scores with goalkickers here: https://www.playhq.com/afl/org/coate...entre/00702bf4.

According to that, the best were: 'Christian Webster, Khy Gibbs, Tye Gander, Indhi Kirk, Owen Turner, Ned Hawkins'.
    Ta. The Talent League app usually puts up a replay within a day or two.

Cleary, Kirk, Webster and Gander were all mentioned in Rookie Me's scouting notes for the round.

Scouting Notes: 2023 Talent League - Round 6 - Aussie Rules Rookie Me Central

They also made the team of the week.

Senior Player
    Cleary, Kirk, Webster and Gander were all mentioned in Rookie Me's scouting notes for the round.

Good one: thanks.

Veterans List

A couple of reasonable sized defenders in there.

I was actually a little bit surprised that Edwards was rookie listed ahead of Webster. Not that that’s anything against Edwards. I just thought Webster performed slightly better last season. Although, I think Webster has some sort of hybrid VFL/Academy contract; so he should get some sort of VFL time to push his case.

Gander is lightly framed, so is probably better suited as a wing or rebounding defender, although he has filled in pretty well as an academy key position player.

The male and female academy sides both play Tasmania at Blacktown today. The female match is on at 2.45pm and the male match follows at 5pm.

This is the team for the male match.

B: Jeromos Mills-Vasas (28), Ethan Hyams (16), Hamish Morrison (18)
    HB: Nicholas Andreacchio (1), Harrison Podmore Taylor (31), Christian Webster (34)
    C: Ned Hawkins (29), Joe Harrison (9), Owen Turner (15)
    HF: James Lugsdin (25), Tye Gander (23), Thomas Hitchens (35)
    F: Max Rider (12), Joel Cochran (32), Mitchell Woods (3)
    Fol: Caleb May (36), Caiden Cleary (27), Indhi Kirk (11)
    Int: Brayden Hawkins (17), Cooper Mcclennan (2), Noah Chamberlain (30), Lachlan Cabor (7), Charlie Winney (4), Khy Gibbs (33)
    E: Jed Robin, Felix Rugge-Price, Zachary Nandlal

In: Thomas Hitchens (35), Joel Cochran (32), Mitchell Woods (3), Felix Rugge-Price, Zachary Nandlal, Brayden Hawkins (17)
    Out: Cameron Este (32), Liam Lieschke (13), Joshua Nicholls (21)

It's something of a tough assignment, as Tasmania are currently on top of the Talent League table. Still, we have plenty of tough competitors, so it should be an enjoyable match.

Veteran Site Admin
    It's possible for us to get wall-to-wall Swans fix this afternoon, with the AFL game against North rolling into the academy game and then (for anyone game enough) the VFL game vs Port Melbourne this evening. There will probably be a short overlap between the end of the academy game and the start of the VFL game, but I doubt that will cause us to miss seeing any VFL goals.

Veteran Site Admin
    Is anyone else completely without sound for the Coates Talent app stream of this game?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast