Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy games 2023

Senior Player
    its very low volume. needs to turned right up in my case.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veteran Site Admin
    It's Ok, I've worked out that it's a "broadcast" choice to have the mics turned down very low. I can now hear a murmur of background noise.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Is anyone else completely without sound for the Coates Talent app stream of this game?
    There's never any commentary these days, but I'm getting a bit of background sound. Although the effects mike doesn't seem to be picking up much onfield chatter, coaches instructions, etc.

Behind 33-25 at quarter time. Tasmania looks pretty classy, and seem to be a bit better at hitting targets and taking marks. Looked like they were going to run away with it, but we fought back well late. Not sure who got our first goal, but the others were Gander, Rider and Cleary.

Quite an entertaining quarter to be ahead 52-51 at the half. Goals to Rider (I think?) Lugsdin, with a nice bit of roving, maybe Cochran and Gander. May possibly our best?

Senior Player
    Nice fightback that quarter. May's rucking making quite a difference.

Veteran Site Admin
    Our boys are doing well. I don't think either team has a strong defence, but at least the Swans are making the most of it by kicking straight at goal than any Swans team has the right to do.

May has been influential, not just with his ruck work but with some timely marks too, and his kicking has been reliable. Gander looks much better roaming up the wing and sometimes through the middle than he does stuck as a permanent forward. There's a lot of "nearly" about his game, but he has something.

Still in with a chance, behind 71-77 at three quarter time. Goals to Rider, McLennan (I think?) and Chamberlain, who two seasons out from his draft year, might be a key forward prospect.

Tasmania kicked away late to win 114-80. The main difference in that quarter was we couldn't get our forward 50 entries working, while at the other end, they often had a crumber arriving at just the right time or an umpire conveniently holding out their arm. May kicked our only goal of the quarter, with an under pressure roost from around 50.

Veteran Site Admin
    That was an enjoyable game and our boys stayed with Tasmania most of the way.

There are a few in the squad who show tantalising glimpses of possible AFL potential. May, Rider, maybe Gander. And the ubiquitous Kirk, from whom you always know what you will get.

There were also a couple who I think might be under-agers who caught my eye in Joe Harrison and Ned Hawkins, providing small-man zip around the contests, and smooth moving tall outside play respectively.

There are a few in the squad who show tantalising glimpses of possible AFL potential. May, Rider, maybe Gander. And the ubiquitous Kirk, from whom you always know what you will get.

There were also a couple who I think might be under-agers who caught my eye in Joe Harrison and Ned Hawkins, providing small-man zip around the contests, and smooth moving tall outside play respectively.
    Yes, both Harrison and Hawkins did well. Only Harrison is an underager, though. Looking forward to see how he develops next season. He's keen around the contests and generally uses the ball well.

Senior Player

I agree with your selection of notables Liz.I really like how Rider seems particularly good at winning one on one contests and generally also kicks straight. May is also very hard to ignore.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast