Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy games 2023

Academy games 2023

I've just noticed that there's academy games being played today against the Giants. No idea how the early games went, but the main game is just starting. It can be streamed via the Swans site.

Whoops, started at 2.30 NSW time, not Queensland time. We're leading 51-33 early in the third.

In front 59-40 at three quarter time. Hard to get a real clear idea of what's going on, due to the poor quality of the stream. No commentary and the picture freezes for about two seconds, every ten seconds or so.

Veteran Site Admin
    I watched a small part of the U17 game. The stream was fine for that game. At the time I watched, our lads were a few goals down, and there wasn't much happening to suggest that might turn around.

I tried watching bits of the U18 game but the continual buffering / freezing made it unwatchable. I'm glad to know it wasn't a problem at my end.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I watched a small part of the U17 game. The stream was fine for that game. At the time I watched, our lads were a few goals down, and there wasn't much happening to suggest that might turn around.

I tried watching bits of the U18 game but the continual buffering / freezing made it unwatchable. I'm glad to know it wasn't a problem at my end.
    Ended up doing pretty well to hold on 68-62. Don't really want to comment too much, since I missed the first half entirely, and a fair bit of the action in the second half, which took place while the picture was freezing.

Though one thing that may be problematic for the rest of the academy season, is that we seem to have a lack of talls. Going through the team sheet, there were only three players over 190cm, and two of those were the over-agers, Webster and Gander.

The other one was the 201cm ruckman, Harrison Podmore-Taylor. I don't recall seeing him before, but I thought he did well. Seemed to win most of his ruck contests, and has a bit of pace and grunt.

On BigFooty in the academy thread someone has posted a link to videos of the Academy games that took place today

Veteran Site Admin
    You can find a link via the Swans website if you don't fancy navigating to Bigfooty. Although the link suggests it's where you might have watched the games streamed live, it will take you to another page with links to the individual games. (The URL link directly to that page looked a bit dodgy so I haven't posted it.)

QBE Swans Academy face GIANTS in Canberra

Our female academy team are currently playing against the Dandenong Stingrays. It can be watched by downloading the Coates Talent League app, which is the new name for the NAB League.

I only watched the final quarter, but the team did well to win 43-32. There was what looked to be a gale force wind blowing across the ground, so there wasn't much flowing ball movement. The win was based more on defensive pressure, with much of the quarter being played in Dandenong's half.
    Individually I can't say much. Kendra Blattman did well to win most of her ruck contests, while Ella Parker kicked our only goal of the quarter and went close a couple of times.
    Anyway, to beat a Melbourne team, the academy must be doing something right.

I watched most of the game and the Girls played really well before the wind and the heat kicked in. From 1/4 time onwards it was a bit scrappy. I don't know names but there are a few likely prospects in the group. It will be interesting to see them play again in slightly less hellish conditions.

Our female academy team plays the Murray Bushrangers at 12.15pm today, and the male team plays the Western Jets at 2pm. It looks like both games are being streamed on the Coates Talent League app.

Actually, having just had a look at the selected teams, it seems that our games have been chosen to be streamed "exclusively to subscribers of Kommunity TV". Which appears to be some sort of small scale streaming service affiliated with News Corpse.
    Grrr!

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast