Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy games 2023

Veterans List
    while Caiden Cleary had 10 tackles with his 24 disposals

Looks like GC have got a gun KPF in Walter, will be bid on in the top 3-5. As someone else said, GC first will be up for trade - to the most points offered

Is the replay of this game available to stream anywhere?

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Yes

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    AFL website . Search U18 Boys and it should come up.

We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    AFL website . Search U18 Boys and it should come up.

Thanks for the tip.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

There’s a 16y.o lad in the Academy squad named Ben Lenarduzzi. He’s 201cm tall, and still growing, of course. An elite runner, he’s been playing ruck due to his height. Athletic and with that height sounds a promising prospect. Still early days after a change from League, but he’s been in the squad a year now and developing nicely. I have great hopes, as he seems a taller version of Blicavs.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

The Allies play WA on Sunday at 12.05pm Central time. The Swans now have 6 players in the side, with over-ager Gander coming in to play as a forward flanker. Rookie Me has a brief preview.

PREVIEW | AFL U18 champs double-header hits Adelaide - Aussie Rules Rookie Me Central

I assume that it will be streamed via the AFL site.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    There’s a 16y.o lad in the Academy squad named Ben Lenarduzzi. He’s 201cm tall, and still growing, of course. An elite runner, he’s been playing ruck due to his height. Athletic and with that height sounds a promising prospect. Still early days after a change from League, but he’s been in the squad a year now and developing nicely. I have great hopes, as he seems a taller version of Blicavs.
    Thanks for the info. We desperately need some quality KP lads to emerge from the academy

I'd say it was a more enjoyable quarter than the 1-5 to 1-3 scoreline suggests. The early pressure from WA was very strong and they were on top. Then the Allies started to match them and they finished the quarter stronger. Kirk was probably the best of our Swans and possibly the best so far for the Allies. Although the Tasmanian, McKercher, is continuing to enhance his reputation. Gander has done some nice things, but hasn't quite taken his opportunities, while Cleary was getting busy later in the quarter.

Nice lead and set shot goal from the boundary by Rider. He does take his chances.

Excellent quarter by the Allies to be in front 42 to 11 at half time. Of our players in that quarter, Cleary was probably the best, with a number of effective hard ball gets. I also thought that May was very good. Won a number of ruck contests, had a few clearances and tackles, and also contested the ball strongly in marking contests. Kirk continued to play well. Rider scored a quality goal and had a few useful possessions playing further up the ground. Cabor had a few nice touches, from limited opportunities playing as a small defender. Not sure if Gander had much game time in that quarter, but he played an important role in a late Callinan goal, with a contested possession and nice handball under pressure.

Nice rebound work by Cabor to initiate that goal scoring move.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast