Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: General Swans chat 2023

Some of these posts belong in the Swans HQ thread. As for "rooftop garden bar amongst public bars scattered around the complex" - most of Swans HQ is off limits to the public (and even members). There will be some spaces that are available for hire for functions/events.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Some of these posts belong in the Swans HQ thread. As for "rooftop garden bar amongst public bars scattered around the complex" - most of Swans HQ is off limits to the public (and even members). There will be some spaces that are available for hire for functions/events.
    "Even members"? The Swans have made a point of saying that this complex will be a 'community hub' and a place where members can gather to enjoy the facilities.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    "Even members"? The Swans have made a point of saying that this complex will be a 'community hub' and a place where members can gather to enjoy the facilities.
    There would have to be some Swans areas that are off limits. Players and staff are entitled to have their lunch, recreation breaks etc in spaces that have privacy and not have to worry about the general public wandering in.

I don’t see why a club membership would give one access to every part of the HQ building. They have said there is a community hub and they will determine what rooms/facilities are part of the community hub and which are not.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Are there any restrictions/preferences on the size or file type?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    If anyone wants to design a new banner I am sure it would be seriously considered, although, the final decision would obviously rest with the site owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Are there any restrictions/preferences on the size or file type?
    Sorry, was in response to RogueSwan

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    There would have to be some Swans areas that are off limits. Players and staff are entitled to have their lunch, recreation breaks etc in spaces that have privacy and not have to worry about the general public wandering in.

I don’t see why a club membership would give one access to every part of the HQ building. They have said there is a community hub and they will determine what rooms/facilities are part of the community hub and which are not.
    That's not what I meant...just certain areas, use of gym obviously when the Swans players aren't using it, probably just one of the cafes....that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    That's not what I meant...just certain areas, use of gym obviously when the Swans players aren't using it, probably just one of the cafes....that sort of thing.
    There are no cafes. They are going to have pop-up bars in the foyer (downstairs, north end) on match days when members will be allowed into the foyer area. There will be separate coffee carts etc. on the forecourt immediately outside for the hoi polloi. I was hopeful there was going to be a cafe where you would glimpse Swans players and staff coming and going. But they have a separate entrance and their own dining area (upstairs at the south end) which will not normally be accessible.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Healy was saying on SEN that it'd attract people away from the Paddington pubs . . .
    That might be overstating the attractions of a foyer and plastic cup of warmish beer - but then I haven't seen what Healy has seen, so maybe.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 16th March 2023 at 01:09 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    I notice that GWS won a 'best coverage of sport by a club or organisation’ award from the Australian Sports Commission.

https://twitter.com/ausport/status/1...yZcmVDYeg&s=19

Ha!

Maybe you could mention that to Harley next time you're speaking to him at training, bloodspirit.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I notice that GWS won a 'best coverage of sport by a club or organisation’ award from the Australian Sports Commission.

https://twitter.com/ausport/status/1...yZcmVDYeg&s=19

Ha!

Maybe you could mention that to Harley next time you're speaking to him at training, bloodspirit.
    If I remember, I'll be glad to! Thanks MattW.

Senior Player
    A different version of the Swans Song. https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=711103480695112

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    This is lovely - a couple of seats permanently named after Kenny and Yvonne Williams

A tribute to Kenny
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    This is lovely - a couple of seats permanently named after Kenny and Yvonne Williams

A tribute to Kenny
    Very nice, but would love to see a statue at some point too - but at least a genuine tribute is now there
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast