Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 1 - Pre Match Thread - vs Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium, Saturday 18 March, 8 PM

Senior Player

Rnd 1 - Pre Match Thread - vs Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium, Saturday 18 March, 8 PM

Just six more sleeps! Hoping for a good start to the season after the GF and not to lose to our bogey team!

As per the Season 23 thread, the likely team appears to:

Hickey out for Ladhams
    Clarke and Fox out for Campbell and Cunningham
    McLean out for McDonald

Roberts for sub?

I am wondering if they might put Francis in as sub as he could cover for Blakey or Reid if they aren't fully fit and can't play a whole game.

I'm wondering if Papley might be the Super Sub given his lack of practice match minutes?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post

I am wondering if they might put Francis in as sub as he could cover for Blakey or Reid if they aren't fully fit and can't play a whole game.
    Francis couldn't crack the larger-than-normal squad for the practice match against Carlton. It's hard to see him making the named 23 for round 1.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    JL: Ruled out for this week are Tom Hickey, Robbie Fox and Ryan Clarke. First year player Jacob Konstanty also won’t be available.
    — Sydney Swans (@sydneyswans) March 13, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Just six more sleeps! Hoping for a good start to the season after the GF and not to lose to our bogey team!

As per the Season 23 thread, the likely team appears to:

Hickey out for Ladhams
    Clarke and Fox out for Campbell and Cunningham
    McLean out for McDonald

Roberts for sub?

This certainly seems the obvious set of changes. The use of the sub will be the most interesting aspect early in the year. I reckon we are more likely to stick with a smaller impact player than a tall especially given we are unlikely to beat Wicks for hitouts regardless. Roberts, Sheldrick.

Is this the least commented on pre-match thread ever?

Veterans List
    Yes, everyone asleep at the wheel :-(

Should fire up in 10 minutes when we name the side 99% of us think they will name. Or maybe we all just yawn at the team

Veterans List
    No Sam Reid, team as expected.

Emergencies A.Francis 10 M.Roberts 34 L.McAndrew 46 A.Sheldrick 29

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    So from the GF team

McDonald for Reid
    Cunningham for Clarke
    Campbell for Fox
    Ladhams for Hickey

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    No Sam Reid, team as expected.

Emergencies A.Francis 10 M.Roberts 34 L.McAndrew 46 A.Sheldrick 29
    I specifically came on here to ask whether people thought that Reid would play given he had a fair number of minutes in the practice games and nobody replied saying "nah, don't reckon he'll play". Plus the club website suggests he just pulled up tight in the last day (after a history of problems over his career and this pre-season) or so and that influenced the decision to leave him out.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Roberts sub?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Pushing for Selection
    I have giant problem I just found out I can not get footy on pay tv Seems I have to get a new "box". Could one of the members tell Which Radio Station in Sydney broadcasts our matches. I will try to get it on computer. I can get 2sm. Hope you can help an OLD S M Blood.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast