Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 2 vs HAwthorn at the SCG on Sunday 26 March 2023, 1:10 PM Sydney time

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The Chad will miss this weekend's game...

...theirs, not ours.

Calf injury sidelines mercurial Hawk Chad Wingard for Sydney Swans trip
    You gave me a heart attack Liz!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    St Kilda played a small forward line out of necessity, and seemed to do pretty well. I doubt if we will go with any unfit players again. I prefer the 4 talls setup with 1 ruckman and 3 KPFs, especially that we would usually only have 3 on the ground, due to rotations, but playing one less doesn't bother me, as we would have another forward pressure player in lieu of a tall target. I think this works for as we have a lot of midfielders who can play in that structure. The Saints did well pushing forwards into the midfield and then racing back to the forward 50 when they got possession. That's the way we generally play anyway. I also think that smothering the Hawthorn rebounders is more effective than height in the forward line.

As Fox was listed as 1-2 weeks on last week's injury report, he might be available this week, and could be a forward/ruck option. As well as Fox has played as a defender, I quite like him as a forward. Good mark, good kick. Big tank.
    If Fox is fit, he should come in- as you say, he can fill several roles. Realistically though, we are still one tall short as both Sammy and Amartey are injury prone and can’t be relied on playing several consecutive games. Understandable with Sammy and in fairness last year was exceptional, apart from the big one!

But I’m concerned about Amartey- has ability and athleticism to be a forward/2nd ruck but seems to spend a lot of time rehabbing. Is he just unlucky or is there an issue with his fitness?

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    I think of him more as "a Chad" rather than "The Chad".
    I’m with you

Does anyone know if we can use the member swanshop gift vouchers in the physical store at the Royal Hall of Industries or if they can only be used online? The pictures of the store make it look outstanding.

Possibly not the right thread but given a lot may have the same question who are going to this game I thought I'd ask here.

Senior Player
    I'm just looking forward to my first trip to the SCG for the season!

Rain forecast but very light (0-6 mm), unlikely to be a big factor. Part of me thinks "danger game?", only because the Swans had quite an easy win last week, and the Hawks were well beaten. Sometimes you get that combination of complacency on one side, and desire to improve on the other, the week after. But honestly I think the Swans look good and the Hawks look poor, so the right attitude and the same skills as last week should get the result.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Did the ressies have a game last weekend? Nothing about it on the Swans website.

It is only Tuesday afternoon I suppose, does take time to write up a basic precis of what transpired against GWS whose media team are right on the ball.
    Not sure if you're being ironic. Yes, they had a practice match. Neither our website nor GWS' have published anything much about it except that we know Aaron Cadman kicked 6 goals (mostly in the second half). ootf has posted a whole heap of great photos from the game on his website (search "carter capture").

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    I think of him more as "a Chad" rather than "The Chad".

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Does anyone know if we can use the member swanshop gift vouchers in the physical store at the Royal Hall of Industries or if they can only be used online? The pictures of the store make it look outstanding.

Possibly not the right thread but given a lot may have the same question who are going to this game I thought I'd ask here.
    I'm not certain about the vouchers - I would venture a guess that you can - but it's only a guess. However, last time I saw the "store" (exactly one week ago) there was no store. The space we're it is going to be was mostly empty except for about 4 mannequins wearing merch. Where did you see the "pictures of the store"? Can you share a link?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Looks like the team had a relatively rare training session on the SCG: Gallery: Swans prepare for Hawks (sydneyswans.com.au). Great photo of Stephens looking bulked up.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Not sure if you're being ironic. Yes, they had a practice match. Neither our website nor GWS' have published anything much about it except that we know Aaron Cadman kicked 6 goals (mostly in the second half). ootf has posted a whole heap of great photos from the game on his website (search "carter capture").

I'm not certain about the vouchers - I would venture a guess that you can - but it's only a guess. However, last time I saw the "store" (exactly one week ago) there was no store. The space were it is going to be was mostly empty except for about 4 mannequins wearing merch. Where did you see the "pictures of the store"? Can you share a link?
    Hopefully this link works for Instagram which shows the store.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqASu...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Last edited by AB Swannie; 23rd March 2023 at 05:08 PM.

Regular in the Side
    OUT: Lance Franklin (Suspension)
    IN: Angus Sheldrick, Corey Warner, Joel Amartey, Lachlan McAndrew
    As it is a Sunday Game. Still not sure who will actually replace Buddy.

Looks like it will be Amartey in for Franklin. I wonder if they give Sheldrick a run as sub to give Roberts more game time in the VFL.

I couldn't help noticing that on the Swans team list on their website, there are two Harry Cunninghams named for the match against the Hawks; Harry (a) on half back and Harry (b) on Half Forward. Secret cloning experiments notwithstanding, perhaps Harry has been working on improving his speed to Flash-like proportions (I tried to post a link, but wasn't able to).

On the Rookie List
    Must be a good team if we can name Errol on the bench!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast