Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 2: the other games. Yes, I know one round is a small sample size, but...

Veterans List
    We've got Melbourne next week, now highly likely Gawnless, PCL or ACL

Veterans List
    They'll want to hit back so hopefully we're up for it.

That unscheduled intermission really soured Brisbane's victory. At least they got the 4 points.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Wonder how much that break and aggressive attack will affect Melbourne's recovery. They have a seven day break (we have six) and home ground advantage. No Gawn so up to us to make the most of it.

Probably not at all
    But Grundy had proven to be recruit if the year!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Probably not at all
    But Grundy had proven to be recruit if the year!
    Reckon Collingwood are mighty relieved to get Grundy off their books

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    That unscheduled intermission really soured Brisbane's victory. At least they got the 4 points.
    Yeah, they won't be happy with how they ran it out. Lucky they had enough lead for the time left.

The intermission highlighted the gaps in the C7 commentary team too - boy, can they not think on their feet. Long periods of silence, some literal descriptions of which lights were going on and off. Eventually someone ventured that there might be a rule for the situation, some speculation about what it might be before Tom Browne, of all people, delivered.

I mostly have them on mute these days and don't feel like I miss anything.

Sadly for those of us hoping that Collingwood might be a one hit wonder, they are absolutely thumping Port this afternoon. Look to have continued this season where they left off last year.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Yeah, they won't be happy with how they ran it out. Lucky they had enough lead for the time left.

The intermission highlighted the gaps in the C7 commentary team too - boy, can they not think on their feet. Long periods of silence, some literal descriptions of which lights were going on and off. Eventually someone ventured that there might be a rule for the situation, some speculation about what it might be before Tom Browne, of all people, delivered.

I mostly have them on mute these days and don't feel like I miss anything.
    I reckon Fagen is right, 60 minutes was too long. 30 mins or game over. If that was the case, Brissie don't lose 13%.....and apparently they were told they couldn't go back on the ground while Melbourne were warming up pre-resumption. WTF was going on there? Weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Sadly for those of us hoping that Collingwood might be a one hit wonder, they are absolutely thumping Port this afternoon. Look to have continued this season where they left off last year.
    Yeah, if we do make the GF, they are one team I don't want us playing. It could be 2016 all over again.

Veterans List
    Collingwood are the benchmark.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Must get my eyes tested. The AFL website says the free kick count at Marvel at quarter time was St.Kilda 7, Poodles 1.

Veterans List
    I just get Seven so I thought the Saints v Dogs game would be crap but with the Saints 4 goals up on the F/pups, it's turning out ok!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast