Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 2: the other games. Yes, I know one round is a small sample size, but...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Must get my eyes tested. The AFL website says the free kick count at Marvel at quarter time was St.Kilda 7, Poodles 1.
    Now 11 to 4.....beautiful!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Watching the North Freo game but the score line and free kick count in the other one is a joy
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Footy youtubers all do their pre-season prediction videos and some make a 'bold prediction'. One guys 'bold prediction' was that the Bulldogs would have a bad first half of the season and Beveridge would be sacked mid season. I reckon he might be right!

Veterans List
    What's going on with the Dockers? Supposed to improve and challenge this season but can't even beat Norf.....at home! Weird!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Freo 7 pts down with 2 and a half mins to go.

Freo 1 pt down with 2 mins to go.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Footy youtubers all do their pre-season prediction videos and some make a 'bold prediction'. One guys 'bold prediction' was that the Bulldogs would have a bad first half of the season and Beveridge would be sacked mid season. I reckon he might be right!
    I only saw the final quarter, but their ball use was pretty inept and they didn't appear to be running hard. So, something isn't right. And things are probably not going to improve next Thursday, when they travel to Brisbane. And we're possibly due for another Beveridge press conference explosion.

Veterans List
    Freo 7 pts down with 2 and a half mins to go.

Freo 1 pt down with 2 mins to go.
    Controversial finish.....Freo probably should have been awarded a free for 'insufficient attempt to keep the ball in play' or 'deliberate out of bounds' at the end there to tie or win the game. Siren has gone as the ball went out of bounds and the umps called the game. Dockers will say they were robbed and they're probably right.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I only saw the final quarter, but their ball use was pretty inept and they didn't appear to be running hard. So, something isn't right. And things are probably not going to improve next Thursday, when they travel to Brisbane. And we're possibly due for another Beveridge press conference explosion.
    He'll probably complain about the umpiring!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Poodles lost the free kick count by 5. They're certainly not used to such hardship!

Poodles lost the free kick count by 5. They're certainly not used to such hardship!
    They look utterly garbage. Without dunkley their midfield is bog average at best. The talls will win them some games along the way, but for mine don't look a threat at all. Long may it continue.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yeah, if we do make the GF, they are one team I don't want us playing. It could be 2016 all over again.
    Seriously stevo? If we're good enough to make the granny we'll be playing a good team whoever they are. And if we're good enough to make the granny that opposition ought to be worrying about us I reckon! I'd back us to beat Collingwood in a GF. I think the most you can say is that 1.7 rounds into the season, Collingwood are the form team.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Well, as far as results go, I haven't watched really anything this week but I'm disappointed that Collingwood blew past Port. But I'm glad the Lions beat the Demons and I'm delighted the Saints beat the Dogs. I'm struggling to be disappointed about the Cats losing, even though it was to Carlton. Amazing results by North! Right now they're looking more and more promising to avoid the spoon. Which brings the first pick of the 2nd round in the draft ever closer to our keeping.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast