Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Round 2: the other games. Yes, I know one round is a small sample size, but...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Seriously stevo? If we're good enough to make the granny we'll be playing a good team whoever they are. And if we're good enough to make the granny that opposition ought to be worrying about us I reckon! I'd back us to beat Collingwood in a GF. I think the most you can say is that 1.7 rounds into the season, Collingwood are the form team.
    Yes, I agree they are the form team at this point. I just said what I said....'it could be 2016 all over again'.....in relation to the Vic bandwagon that everyone in that state will be on if the 'exciting' Pies make it that far.....the umps will be on board.

I would back us to beat them as well but a 20 to 8 free kick count wouldn't help us, would it?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    As an aside, both Ryan Burton and Nathan Broad will miss Port’s and the Tigers’ matches against us due to suspensions
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Return of the Quarterback!

Just listening to the SEN segment featuring Horse (from yesterday morning with Kane and Bucks). Horse isn't on yet but Bucks has started talking about the "quarterback" role, which he defines as the 6th defender who plays closest to the midfield and sets up attacks. I figured there'll be a few of you around who will enjoy that. Then he profiles Nick Daicos as an example. Bucks then gives Matthew Boyd as an earlier example and Kane talks about McLeod as an even earlier example. Other examples include Jake Lloyd for us! (And Caleb Daniel, Lachie Whitfield, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Jack Sinclair, Jermaine Jones and - already - Sheezel.) As defined by Bucks the QB is more of a midfielder and doesn't have much of a defensive role.

- - - Updated - - -

Another random thought: when was the last time a club was equal top of the ladder after multiple rounds with a percentage as low as North's?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345