Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Match thread: Swans v Hawks.

Tadhg's votes on ABC Radio.
    McDonald - 3, Mills - 2, Gulden - 1.

Struth! Only 36 posts for a home game against Hawthorn!!??? Was it a yawn fest?

Veterans List
    Very satisfying win, particularly as it showed the Hawks are in for an extended time at the bottom. I noticed Nash for the Hawks did several nasty little things, including the high hit on Mills late in the game which he should cop a fine for.

They're probably happy to win the Spoon and Harley Reid. Can't see them beating Norf next week, who have genuine talent

McLean out for Buddy is the obvious change. Only one ruck now at Melbourne.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Misinformed Fox commentator (Dwayne Russell?) saying Sweet Caroline was sung early (not at half time). Whatley who should know didn't correct him. Sheesh, it is your job to be informed about the basics if you are going to commentate a game.
    I thought Kellie Underwood announcing there were 3 sets of Brothers at the Swans was a highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Put the tools back in the shed a bit early.
    We do have a tendancy to do that, fortunately the Hawks goalkicking didn't improve much, so only 2 goals from 8? shots - less damage to the percentage than could have been.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Anyone know why Almartey was subbed out pretty early in the second half? Was it an injury or to manage our tall stocks with Hickey out for a while and Reid uncertain?

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Anyone know why Almartey was subbed out pretty early in the second half? Was it an injury or to manage our tall stocks with Hickey out for a while and Reid uncertain?
    No mention of any injury on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    No mention of any injury on the radio.
    Maybe precautionary and coaches wanted to give young Roberts a run.

Horse said in the post match that the plan was to have Amartey play three quarters if possible - he wasn't injured - he is just building back in to match fitness after pre season injury

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I thought Kellie Underwood announcing there were 3 sets of Brothers at the Swans was a highlight.
    Just to defend Kellie Underwood, we do have three sets of brothers at the club.
    McCartins, Warners and McVeighs.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Relative View Post
    Struth! Only 36 posts for a home game against Hawthorn!!??? Was it a yawn fest?
    I've just returned home after work and dropping in on my Dad.....and thought the same. Large time breaks between some posts and a lot of negative ones.

I checked the score on my phone in the car after I knocked off and I was wrapped....at that point we were 90 pts up. Oh well, I didn't see the game but would have expected a bit more positivity.

I'm still wrapped, we're on top with a huge percentage and McDonald and Amartey kicked 9 goals between them. Good day I reckon!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    We're on top and the Dirty Nappies are on the bottom.

It's a GREAT day, I reckon!!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    You can only do what the game allows. And we were very good against a poor opponent. The percentage boost was very handy.

We were always going win that midfield battle. But Mills and Gulden were particularly good. The real joy however was at either end of the ground.

The sight of Blakey and Ollie carving up the Hawks was a delight. Blakey’s always been a beautiful kick, and Ollie could on his day, but he really had his groove on today. I also thought Campbell was very good again.

As for Logan and Joel, fantastic. Logan is going to be just elite. He’s really developing a big tank and the ability to go on long, searching leads up the ground and back, plus his field kicking is even better than his goal kicking. And I thought he started to show smarts and the benefit of increased strength in pushing off his man at just the right time, even allowing for the average nature of his opponents. To think, we’re only at the start of seeing what he can do. (A timely reminder to say thanks Paps for that final round of 2020). And that’s the game we’ve been hoping for from Joel. He’s had small bursts before but he was strong over three quarters. If his body stays in good shape and he gets an extended run at it, we’ll be Reid’s successor as a good marking forward who can play second ruck.

Also a shout out to Ladhams, who was good for the second week in a row. He has some tricks doesn’t he.

As for Hawthorn, they have a long road back. They simply don’t have enough elite young talent on their list, and only two draft picks this year. Harley Reid will be one hell of a player, but that ain’t enough. Clarko really screwed them by continuing to chase flags by trading high draft picks for players like Wingard and Mitchell after their flag window had clearly closed. Darks day ahead, and may the misery of their supporters be immense.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast