Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rd 3 vs Melbourne Demons @ MCG, Sunday April 2 3:20PM - Pre-match Thread

Veterans List
    Squad of 26 announced for this weekend.

Extended interchange:

Harry Cunningham Chad Warner Braeden Campbell
    Justin McInerney Hayden McLean Matt Roberts
    Hugo Hall-Kahan Angus Sheldrick

My guess is the first four named on that bench will play and the rest miss out, incl. McLean. Roberts sub again?

The RWO selection consensus looks on target, but it really wasn't that hard this week.

Happy to see HHK make the extended bench. He was very good last year and one of our best in the first VFL match this year. Definitely looks someone who will be looking to make our best 22 soon. The only problem is that there aren't any spots up for grabs. Expecting that Robbie Fox will jump the queue once he's ready to go.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I know a few more regular ressie watchers on here have been enthusiastic on HHK, including Ludwig, so nice to see him at least become an emergency. For those who have seen more of him than me - and the snippets I’ve seen I like - what’s the view on his eventual position or player comparison?

As for sub, the only change I could see is Sheldrick for Roberts - not because Roberts has done anything wrong, just to give him a full game for match fitness.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I know a few more regular ressie watchers on here have been enthusiastic on HHK, including Ludwig, so nice to see him at least become an emergency. For those who have seen more of him than me - and the snippets I’ve seen I like - what’s the view on his eventual position or player comparison?

As for sub, the only change I could see is Sheldrick for Roberts - not because Roberts has done anything wrong, just to give him a full game for match fitness.
    On Hall-Kahan; if one of our outside runners went down, like McInerney, Gulden, Stephens or Campbell, then he'd probably fit seamlessly as a replacement in that rotation. He's fast, not afraid to take the game on and a classy ball user. Same for Corey Warner, who I also think might be close to a debut.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    "... Expecting that Robbie Fox will jump the queue once he's ready to go.
    Meaning he will be first in for an injury or someone out of form? Or will he push out someone from the current side?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Meaning he will be first in for an injury or someone out of form? Or will he push out someone from the current side?
    I don't see anyone he would push out of the side, so I think he will have to wait for an injury or poor form to make the side. I suspect he will get a couple of warmup games in the VFL in any case, as there's no need to rush him in. There's going to be pressure to get some games into the likes of Sheldrick, Roberts, HHK and Gould. I don't know how they fit into the side, but it's not good to let the queue of AFL ready players get too long, else they will start to look elsewhere for opportunities.

On the veteran's list
    I don't see anyone he would push out of the side, so I think he will have to wait for an injury or poor form to make the side. I suspect he will get a couple of warmup games in the VFL in any case, as there's no need to rush him in. There's going to be pressure to get some games into the likes of Sheldrick, Roberts, HHK and Gould. I don't know how they fit into the side, but it's not good to let the queue of AFL ready players get too long, else they will start to look elsewhere for opportunities.
    I think we can stop talking about Gould. I think his papers are stamped. Seems there are a dozen players in front of him.

Which could be a small advantage of the new sub rule, as it gives teams a little bit more chance to rotate fringe players. Although, that probably applies more to midfielders.

Veterans List
    Strong bench, Harry Cunningham Chad Warner Braeden Campbell Justin McInerney - shows we're building depth

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I think we can stop talking about Gould. I think his papers are stamped. Seems there are a dozen players in front of him.
    The test will come when one of the McCartins, Rampe or Blakey are out, and who comes in to replace them. Our back line has a very low injury rate. Good for us, but bad for Gould.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Strong bench, Harry Cunningham Chad Warner Braeden Campbell Justin McInerney - shows we're building depth
    I always find it funny when I see one of the best players in the AFL sitting on the bench in Chad Warner.

Regular in the Side
    The test will come when one of the McCartins, Rampe or Blakey are out, and who comes in to replace them. Our back line has a very low injury rate. Good for us, but bad for Gould.
    And we recruited Aaron Francis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast