Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round 4: the other games. No rucking worries?

The first thing I noticed from the stats was that Collingwood won the centre clearances 15-12. I think that bodes well for the no ruckman argument.

It's only 1 game. We will have to analyze the ruck contest in some detail to see what the effect of going without a ruckman had on the game. It was also a home game for Brisbane, and they have a very good record at home.

One data point is in and awaiting analysis. We will see how it goes over the course of several games.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Ludwig is watching this and positively seething at what it does for his ruck theory.
    I doubt it, I'm sure L will maintain the rage / stick to his guns / keep stirring the possums regardless
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 7th April 2023 at 12:55 PM. Reason: edit: He already has
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Something needs to be done about players flopping and staging for frees. It is so frustrating to watch, especially when the umpire falls for it. One serial offender is Curnow. He didn't let me down today. I don't like it when Papley does it either.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Completely agree with you. Curnow will kick 100 goals this year if he is allowed to get away with it. 3 of his goals were from dubious free kicks, where as McKay in my opinion was the most effective forward. Also agree with your comments on Papley, and recently he appears to be not doing it as much as early last season, and hopefully has learnt his lesson

Veterans List
    I always thought pre-season predictions of Tigers being top 4 were BS.....seems the Fairypups are finding some form at the Tigers expense. 21 pts up half way through second quarter.....oh Tigers just got a goal. 15 pts now.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Don't love Richmond but don't hate them either and it's lovely to see them come from 23 pts down to lead the Poodles at half time.

Keep it up, Tiges!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Don't love Richmond but don't hate them either and it's lovely to see them come from 23 pts down to lead the Poodles at half time.

Keep it up, Tiges!
    Well yeah, I don't want to see the Fairypups win!

Edit: A bit later.....looks like the Tigers have gone back to sleep. Dogs by 13, half way last quarter.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 8th April 2023 at 07:54 PM.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Bugger! The Poodles got up!

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The first thing I noticed from the stats was that Collingwood won the centre clearances 15-12. I think that bodes well for the no ruckman argument.

It's only 1 game. We will have to analyze the ruck contest in some detail to see what the effect of going without a ruckman had on the game. It was also a home game for Brisbane, and they have a very good record at home.

One data point is in and awaiting analysis. We will see how it goes over the course of several games.
    I did hear something over the weekend that Fagan said the Lions went in with a plan to attack the Pies forward handballs. Something along the lines of coming forward and attacking the Pies handballs instead of rolling back and defending their forward runs.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I did hear something over the weekend that Fagan said the Lions went in with a plan to attack the Pies forward handballs. Something along the lines of coming forward and attacking the Pies handballs instead of rolling back and defending their forward runs.
    Yes, I do recall hearing that during the coverage. Which tallied well with what I was seeing. Which was a lot of handballs being intercepted or knocked down, and the intended recipients being put under pressure

Veterans List
    Cats have kicked 15.10 to 1.3 since half time to lead by 82 pts after being 9 pts down at half time. Hawks are tankers once the pressure is on.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Cats have kicked 15.10 to 1.3 since half time to lead by 82 pts after being 9 pts down at half time. Hawks are tankers once the pressure is on.
    I watched the match on Kayo. Cameron kept them close in the first half, then their midfield went into overdrive winning contested ball and centre bounce clearances over and over. Real danger for us in a couple of weeks (with our midfield being beaten regularly in recent times).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12