Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 5 v Richmond at the Adelaide Oval

Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    Whilst not surprised by the fan reactions, it is hardly game over because we have sucked in Rounds 3 and 4. We have all year to get the team playing better and if we make another prelim nobody will care about these early season results.

I also you have to bank some miracle losses to weigh the miracle wins - after the siren classics can’t all go one way.
    A rational and insightful observation. Especially given the number of amazing wins we’ve had. Clearly the team was out on its feet in the last 10 minutes yesterday, and the umpiring didn’t help.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    IN: Fox, Gould, Sheldrick
    OUT: McCartins, Cunningham. ...

Cunningham cannot be sustained; let him win some ball in the VFL to try to keep the reserves afloat. Time to unleash the wombat.

McInerney and Stephens are on notice. Neither winning contested ball or tackling well....
    I would suggest that Cunningham stays and McInerney goes off to find some form. At least we know Harry has pace, will attack the contest and can play a defensive role if required.

edit: I just went to see if I could find some stats to backup this comment and I got completely distracted by the fact Rowbottom had 13 tackles against Port! The closest to him was Errol with 7.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Rain forecast for Adelaide on Friday and more rain over the weekend. There are six matches to be played on Adelaide Oval over the four days of Gather Round so the centre square might be very slippery by the last match!

Fortunately we will be playing in the second match at the ground.

Senior Player
    With McCartins out this week and then Geelong, there is a strong possibility that we lose four on the trot and are 2-4 after six rounds.

Lunch is out but they will still have Bolton who both quick and strong in the air. Too strong in the air for Cunningham or Campbell. Fox might be ok, but he might be sub again.

On key backs, could we play McLean up forward and send Almartey back as a tall interceptor?

Fox is 22, he wont be a sub

Reckon its Francis, Sheldrick for
    Mccartins.

Mclean a chance for Amartey, he doesnt look fit enough to string games together yet

Sub Gould

- - - Updated - - -

Harry out for Fox

Nankervis is out for Richmond too.

I think JMac is being unfairly criticised. Watching live it seems he has sacrificed his own game to play a very strict role on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Nankervis is out for Richmond too.

I think JMac is being unfairly criticised. Watching live it seems he has sacrificed his own game to play a very strict role on the wing.
    Agreed AB- I didn’t think he was as bad as some are making out. Wilbur and Harry played as if the ball was a grenade!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    For those wanting wholesale changes to the team, unless you want to concede next week’s game, there’s nothing much in the ressies to pick from in terms of AFL experience. All our fringe players have been moved on. With the injuries to Hickey, Reid, Clarke, Melican Wicks, how many players do we have to slot in without throwing them to the wolves. Francis has probably the most experience but has never played with us. Sheldrick and Roberts have played one proper game each, selectors won’t look at McLean in the present situation when we’re defenders down. Gould has shown nothing to suggest he’s good enough. If you can’t dominate in the ressies after three years training at the highest level, there’s nothing to suggest you will suddenly be able to do the job in the big league.
    An extremely pessimistic post....I agree with Ludwig's reply. He may not have 'dominated' the ressies but he was adjudged it's best player.....and he's a defender.....and we are two defenders down.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Spot on. Gould probably get a gig this week but not necessarily. At least Francis has performed at senior level. Weird how some posters refer to Gould as some untapped treasure.
    He's been with us three years and never debuted....so he's definitely untapped. If not now, when? Who else have we got to fill the McCartin void, besides Francis? Remember, that void is two players.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 10th April 2023 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    An extremely pessimistic post....I agree with Ludwig's reply. He amy not have 'dominated' the ressies but he was adjudged it's best player.....and he's defender.....and we are two defenders down.

He's been with us three years and never debuted....so he's definitely untapped. If not now, when? Who else have we got to fill the McCartin void, besides Francis? Remember, that void is two players.
    Fox is the other player coming in

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Fox is the other player coming in
    True....well, it will be interesting to see if it's Gould or Francis who gets the nod for the other spot.

It's a great opportunity for Gould to debut in his home town and defend against an inexperienced forward.

Regular in the Side
    The Tigers are set to be without ruckman Toby Nankervis for several weeks as he has to undergo ankle surgery. They will have to rely on the inexperienced Samson Ryan to ruck perhaps with support from defender Ben Miller and Marlion Pickett. With the wet weather forecast, we don't need so many tall guys.
    Of the 23 played Saturday night, would like to see the 2 McCartins, and Buddy as the 3 outs. Gould, Sheldrick and Francis are the 3 Ins with Cunningham used as Sub.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast