Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 5 v Richmond at the Adelaide Oval

I’m unsure where the wet weather rumours are originating.

BOM says Friday is “Mostly Sunny” on Friday. 25 Max 12 Min

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I’m unsure where the wet weather rumours are originating.

BOM says Friday is “Mostly Sunny” on Friday. 25 Max 12 Min
    Wasn’t a rumour, it was the forecast as of this morning. Looks as if the forecast has been amended with rain now expected on Saturday & Sunday. So we might be ok.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    An extremely pessimistic post....I agree with Ludwig's reply. He may not have 'dominated' the ressies but he was adjudged its best player.....and he's a defender.....and we are two defenders down.
    The reason he was voted our best player in the ressies is because he played there every week!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    The reason he was voted our best player in the ressies is because he played there every week!
    Whatever, it’s this week or never, Big Cat! With both Macs out he will not get an opportunity like this. Also, who else would you suggest? Maybe Francis? Otherwise they’re all inexperienced.
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 11th April 2023 at 09:13 AM.

Senior Player
    Obviously I've missed something, but why on earth are all the games being played in Adelaide? Are all the players and
    officials being billeted out or something? Or sleeping on the bus? I can't imagine there are enough even half decent
    hotels to accomodate everyone.

Veterans List
    Forecast is perfect for our game, looks crap for the remainder of the weekend.

The surface will be excellent for our game but will be cut up by Sunday with the amount of rain forecast

Good luck to the two teams playing at the suburban ground up in the hills at Mount Barker, won't be nice up there for players or the sell out crowd with little protection from the weather
    Last edited by 707; 11th April 2023 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Agree with the outs. There's never going to be a better time to bring in Gould and Francis than this game.

Fox and Wombat should be the other 2 ins, with HHK possibly the sub.

We don't need a 3rd tall forward. We have plenty of good marking forwards as it is. We just need to get them into the game more.
    Spot on Lud. I would give Wilbur 1 more week to find form otherwise HHK should be given a go. And he needs to concentrate more on his goal kicking- he needs to impact the scoreboard as a senior player.

Rd 5 v Richmond at the Adelaide Oval

[QUOTE=KT………. in Adelaide? Are all the players and officials being billeted out or something? Or sleeping on the bus? I can't imagine there are enough even half decent hotels to accomodate everyone.[/QUOTE]

Not enough half decent hotels in Adelaide?

Must be a long time since you’ve been to Adelaide KT.

Surely Gould gets a gig , was in the VFL team of the year 2022 .
    Buddy is out as well

Gould , Francis and Sheldrick in with Cunningham the sub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Injury news including Buddy:

Injury Update: Lance Franklin to miss Richmond clash

He looked to be struggling earlier than the last quarter of the Port game to me but if the knee injury gives him an out to be an out, well I guess he's an out, regardless.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Injury news including Buddy:

Injury Update: Lance Franklin to miss Richmond clash

He looked to be struggling earlier than the last quarter of the Port game to me but if the knee injury gives him an out to be an out, well I guess he's an out, regardless.
    Notice Reid has had a setback and can't run for 4 weeks. Should announce that this is his last year. Club has been very, very patient and kind to him over a long period of time but he has broken down too regularly and at crucial times. Enough is enough .

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Notice Reid has had a setback and can't run for 4 weeks. Should announce that this is his last year. Club has been very, very patient and kind to him over a long period of time but he has broken down too regularly and at crucial times. Enough is enough .
    Yeah, read that bit too.

Think Francis was recruited with Franklin and Reid’s age in mind. Not that we expect him to be as good as Franklin or Reid (who was very effective last year until the GF), but that we are don’t have any confirmed tall forwards for the future at the moment other than McDonald (jury still out on Almartey and McLean).

This is also why some of us really wonder why Beatson hasn’t drafted key forwards in the last two drafts either with our selections, or trading up to get an earlier pick. Suggests we have a big trade target in mind?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast