Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Round 5 v Richmond at the Adelaide Oval for Gather Round

Blog Entries
    Go swanniessssss!!!

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    We were the youngest team of the round last week, with 15 members of our team 24yrs or younger
    It was the youngest team the club has fielded since Longmire has coached them. Puts this win into perspective when you consider 2019/2020 seasons.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    The Fox Footy podcast was the only bit of media that I came across that acknowledged our massive "outs" in the team and how young the team was. They didn't just go with the "Tigers have been decimated by injuries" line.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Also tend to agree with the coaches votes. Although, while I think Papley was a deserved winner, I was actually more pleased with Blakey's game. In that he successfully played as a KPD, when I wasn't sure if his slim upper body would allow him to do that. Possibly don't want him spending a lot of time on Hawkins next game, but seeing him go up against Cameron might be fun? Hopefully what would happen most, would be Cameron watching Blakey disappear into the distance, rather than Blakey standing the mark, while Cameron takes another set shot.

Slightly disappointed that Campbell didn't get a vote or two, since I thought he was very good. Spent a fair bit of time on Bolton and probably had the better of that battle. Also pleased with a couple of his stats. He ran 15.9km, which was the most of any Swan, while his 94% of game time, was second only to the 95% of Fox. Originally I think there was some doubt about his tank, so that's a testament to the hard work that he's done to build up his stamina. Which should see him playing more time as a midfielder, as he can also lay a tackle and he goes in hard at a contest.

Also agree with Baker getting a couple of votes, as he's one of my favourite non-Swans players. During the third quarter, when Richmond were making a comeback, I was really missing Clarke and his ability to lock down a rebounding defender.
    Campbell does have that Zac Merrett / A.McGrath type of game that will service him well at the Swans whether off HBF or in the mids he has a deadly kick and is ready to fight tooth and nail to stay in that top22

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516