Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rnd6 vs Geelong at GMHBA, Saturday 22 April, 7:25 PM (pre-match discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Sheldrick didn't complete the last VFL match probably due to some undisclosed injuries. Could be minor or?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    Seemed Rib / chest or that region when he came off at half time at the reserves game. (was breathing hard and didn't return as mentioned) Left the ground with family at this time..

PS Francis seems the likely option as he played the whole game in the forwards and Horse was watching... (Maybe because his son was playing..)

I wonder if we try to keep our structure by picking Hickey as the ruck and Ladhams as a pack crasher up forward. Cross our fingers that we get no in game injuries and sub Hickey out in the third quarter.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Unwell_Miguel View Post
    I think we almost have to concede that Cameron is going to kick 5+ but we can't let Hawkins, Stengele, Close, Myers get off the chain as well
    Stengle is out injured with a fractured arm. But you can add Rohan to the list.

Gould on Hawkins and Fox on Cameron. We need to win the midfield battle.

I don’t think Cameron will kick 5 .
    He can be restricted to a tough night out.

Gould on Hawkins will be an exceptionally difficult assignment but we have limited options

You would have to guess Mills, Blakey and Fox will be rotating amongst Geelongs talls ie our most experienced but Francis or Gould will have to get a spot in the 23 u would suspect.

Geelong in the GF showed how effective they were like the Dogs did against also in tunnel balling ahead at all costs then locking us in our defensive arc.

No matter we need have a more even spread of field position otherwise Hawkins will more than likely do a repeat.

We have been super strong at turnover footy ie where most teams score from

I heard Rossy Lyons that they are a turnover team and 2/3 minim of all goals come from turnovers.

I just wonder where we will set up our nets to cause turnovers and rebound? Geelong dismantled that last time we played.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    He also had a great line of Pap’s celebration skills: “I sometimes struggle to decipher his GPS numbers to work out what was pre celebration and post celebration with his high speed running.” 😂😂😂
    +1 100%

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    It has already been mentioned that Franklin will not be available this week. Would not be shocked if he announced his retirement in the next few weeks.
    It might be that he's coming to the conclusion that he isn't up to it any more. It took Plugger 3 games for reality to break.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Regular in the Side
    Teams announced :

GEELONG

In: G.Rohan, J.Ceglar
    Out: T.Stengle (arm), R.Stanley (eye socket), B.Parfitt (sub)
    Last week's sub: Brandan Parfitt
    SYDNEY
    In: A.Francis, R.Clarke
    Out: J.Amartey (hamstring), Co.Warner (omitted), W.Gould (sub)
    Last week's sub: Will Gould

Francis
    comes in to play his first game for the Swans on the back of seven goals in three VFL appearances, but is capable of playing at either end of the ground. Gould can be the Sub again.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So Clarke and Francis in, for Gould and Corey Warner from the 22 that finished last week.

I assume Francis and Harry C play back, Francis stands a tall in defence, and Clarke goes back to the role he played last year.

Won’t say I love the two young blokes getting dropped after one week, but coaches know best on what they saw.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    Emergency: C.Warner, Gould, Sheldrick, McAndrew

This is perhaps the greatest attribute differential I've ever seen in a game. Surely we will get some sympathetic treatment from Matt Stevic. I hope they have more than one ambulance on sight for the game.

Average Attributes

Geelong Sydney
    190.5cm Height 186.2cm
    90.3kg Weight 84.9kg
    28yr 4mth Age 24yr 9mth
    151.0 Games 92.4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast