Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Round 7 v Giants at the SCG, 2.10pm Saturday 29 April (pre-game thread)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    They're good ins. Let's hope we lift with some structure (a key forward and back) back in the squad. I'm hoping getting spanked last week is a catalyst for ferocity on Saturday. Mills needs to play in the guts for the whole match.
    Yes, yes.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Look at the emergencies Mel. JMac is listed as one of four emergencies, along with Gould, Corey and Lachlan.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The AFL website, and the Swans website, both show him as an emergency - and being omitted.
    Thanks, I didn't check the emergencies. But the app and website still don't have him listed as an "out", which is what confused me as that is what I normally check. The AFL app is correct.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Thanks, I didn't check the emergencies. But the app and website still don't have him listed as an "out", which is what confused me as that is what I normally check. The AFL app is correct.
    Website has him listed as an out:

SYDNEY

In: T.McCartin, L.Franklin, A.Sheldrick
    Out: J.McInerney (omitted), R.Fox (concussion), M.Roberts (knee), W.Gould (sub)

Just hope Sheldrick gets a decent crack in the middle. We have been beaten up a bit of late so we might as well give him a go there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the veteran's list
    Looks like it will be a wet weather slog.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    No Sam Taylor makes Lance a good "In". I was worried that they might have to play Buddy as a decoy.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    After last week, I'm so glad to have Buddy back! I believe McDonald will benefit, he looked lost last week. He ran a lot but did sweet FA.

If wet weather I wonder if we may be conservative with Bud?

Not his go to wet weather at 198cm and knee strain and 48yrs old 😆

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    One fascination tomorrow will be Toby Greene. I suspect McCartin and Francis get Himmelberg and Hogan. Usually, we’d give the job to Fox or Ramps. I hope like hell Horse plays Mills in the midfield, so I suspect it’s either Blakey or Campbell. You’d ideally want Blakey with a bit more license to run, and Campbell is maybe a fraction exposed in a marking contest but … they’ve both been excellent this year. Blakey has rightly received some plaudits, but I think Campbell’s improvement has been substantial.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    One fascination tomorrow will be Toby Greene. I suspect McCartin and Francis get Himmelberg and Hogan. Usually, we’d give the job to Fox or Ramps. I hope like hell Horse plays Mills in the midfield, so I suspect it’s either Blakey or Campbell. You’d ideally want Blakey with a bit more license to run, and Campbell is maybe a fraction exposed in a marking contest but … they’ve both been excellent this year. Blakey has rightly received some plaudits, but I think Campbell’s improvement has been substantial.
    We have Cadman to contend with too. I suspect Blakey will have to mind him, hopefully with a licence to also run off.

GWS are almost as badly stocked for tall defenders as we are, with Taylor, Aleer and Davis all injured. They have Haynes and Idun - who admittedly are a little taller than I had realised, but seem to play "medium" tall rather than as key position defenders. Maybe the Giants will send Harry H back to drift across their defence and provide a some extra protection. It will likely depend on whether our tall forwards are managing to make themselves useful or not.

I have no idea re Greene. (Or Green for that matter. Probably Mills, which at least means he'll be in the middle, not camping out in defence.)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    We have Cadman to contend with too. I suspect Blakey will have to mind him, hopefully with a licence to also run off.
    Yes, though I’d back Blakey to get the job done when required, but between rotations and one of their talls playing second ruck now and then, wonder how often they will actually have three talls forward.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    It would be great if Tom Mc and Ramps could come back in. I wouldn’t drop Francis though- surely he needs more than 1 game! I think Harry needs to go, unfortunately- looks past it now, sadly.

IN: McCartin, Hickey, Sheldrick
    OUT: Roberts, McLean, Cunningham.
    SUB: Gould
    I agree about Harry. Ioved Harry's story. Rejected by GWS, coached by Paul Kelly, came from Wagga. He is another Rookie made good. I respect that. But time is up. He gets a game but shouldn't. But then again he wasn't our worst last week.

We have some problems that are not related to our lack of talls. Our midfield have been smashed in two games this season. Each time there have been excuses made but the time for excuses has past. It's fess up or eff off.

The coaching should definitely be in the spotlight. There are some definite coaching problems. Midfield rotations, midfield positioning and set ups. Forward entries. Team defensive strategies. All very sis that is why two sides this season have been able to accumulate huge scores against us.

Last week we went in with that small backline and they were on a hiding to nothing. But we were smashed in the mids. Killed on the outside, which is where we should have been able to break even. But we didn't. The personnel we played against Cats​ set the alarm bells off for me as soon as the line up was announced. Same players in the midfield that was smashed in the GF. That small backline. A makeshift forward structure.

Then the match started. We were never in it. Smashed in every position on the field and the coaches did not give the players a chance in hell from selection to strategy, which was no different to the GF. But the players did not respond either. They just gave in immediately. There was no fight.

I am not sure these players have the psychological capability to win a premiership. I think they are soft. I think they give up far too easily. NEVER has a Swans team been smashed like this mob since our revival in the 1990's. NEVER has a side capitulated so easily. 2014 aside.

We have been known for being scrappers. Our 2006 & 2012 Premiership teams had less talent than this group but thấy had far more guts

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast