Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Round 7 v Giants at the SCG, 2.10pm Saturday 29 April (pre-game thread)

Marc Sheather named as sub. He’s a pretty tough and competitive young bloke. Great to see him get a run!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    No soft team makes the GF. You turn on players too quickly.
    Obviously the betting agencies don't think we are soft. Even after our poor effort last week they are only offering $1.28 for a Swans win.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    I agree with this quote.

No soft team has ever made a grand final. You need a number of things going for you including team stability, good luck with injuries, and above all leadership from experienced players. The Swans last year virtually went the last half of the season to the preliminary final no injuries, particularly to the experienced players.

The young players dropped their heads last week, and this is the first time I have seen it from this group. Hopefully they will learn from this

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I agree about Harry. Ioved Harry's story. Rejected by GWS, coached by Paul Kelly, came from Wagga. He is another Rookie made good. I respect that. But time is up. He gets a game but shouldn't. But then again he wasn't our worst last week.
    Harry's an unfortunate one, he was bloody great last season before he got injured but hasn't been the same since. It's a bummer, maybe on his last chance today. Playing against his old team, he'll probably have a blinder. Let's hope so.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post

Our 2006 & 2012 Premiership teams had less talent than this group but they had far more guts.
    I do not agree with this comment at all. Those teams had talent to burn, as history proved.....and FAR MORE experience that the current team. This group will grow.....as long as they don't get too many scars along the way.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678