Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 7 v GWS

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Been at my brothers doing some car work and kept checking via my phone.....once we were 4 goals up I relaxed.

That was a mistake, the next time I checked, we were 5 pts up but I see that Toby (punchable face) Green has scored in the timeline and then the score changes to one point down. FFS....what is going on with our team?

Fitness seems to be an issue, between the ears seems to be an issue and maybe coaching? I don't know, I saw nothing but something is not right with our boys. Extremely disappointing loss.

Season looks gone.....I had hope after the Richmond, it is just about gone now. Where's the fight??!!
    Fight was in the 3rd Quarter some glimpses of our playstyle from 2022 unfortunately in the 4th it dissolved.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I’m not suggesting Sheldrick be dropped, just looks like another in a long line of first round stuff ups where we choose to overlook obvious talents and reach for lesser players

If you take out our academy selections our drafting has been poor
    Yes, has Kinnear lost his touch? Then we get Dalrymple, another supposed draft guru.....are they trying to be too cute with their selections?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by H2F View Post
    Fight was in the 3rd Quarter some glimpses of our playstyle from 2022 unfortunately in the 4th it dissolved.
    Fitness seems to be an issue.....damn making the GF last year....and then getting toweled. It's playing with their heads maybe.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We had 10 behinds and Giants had 5 (I think).
    As someone else said, what is going on with Heeney's goal kicking? Not to mention the nine others.
    I'm looking to the future and hope we will get a few genuinely big players, to add to the couple we have.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

GWS last four wins over Sydney have been by 2, 2, 1 and 1.

On the veteran's list
    Horse said we had a red hot crack. We’re a young team learning the game. A few stuff-ups at stoppages cost us three goals.

Exactly. 16 goals wins a heck of a lot of games.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    So it's been, pathetic loss (round 3) embarrassing loss (round 4), pathetic loss (last week), embarrassing loss (this week), and highly likely a pathetic loss next week...

Well at least we can blame injuries if nothing else as we love an excuse...

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    You come alive after a loss

We played a spare in defence again. All game!. Why?. It just invites the ball into their forward line.

We were incredibly poor. When the going gets tough the tough get going and we didn't. Not only that at least 5 players were suffering cramp which tells me we are not fit. If the fitness staff are thinking to get us fit near finals they are deluded. We won't be playing finals. We won't be anywhere near finals.

players mentioned in dispatches;

Campbell was very good. Get him into the mids now. Our mids suck

Gulden he tries all the time

Warner also a trier but I wish he would put team first instead of trying to be the hero

Ladhams was good but our mids were too disorganised in their positioning to take advantage of his dominance. The mids strategies are terrible and they killed us today in the end even though we had a huge advantage in the ruck

Poor Ollie, who would have played him on Toby Greene? Not me that's for sure. Are you deluded Horse? Eff Me.

Then Cunningham for the last half. Greene won the game on Cunningham who seemed to lose him at every opportunity. Harry was nowhere near him

Will was good.

Bud was ok for an old bugger. But we still target him far too often. Very predictable

Paps was well beaten and so was Heens.

Lloydy was good. I think he could have played on Toby and we could then free up Ollie.

Tommy Mac was good

Francis did a few good things. But I hope he cleans up his decision making as a couple of times he gave the ball away too easily because he stuffed up in his decision.

Sheather will improve with game time.

Sheldrick has to go to the mids. He is wasted at HF. If Horse is going to play him at HF then he might as well send him back to the reserves to play in the mids there. Waste of time

Mills must play mids

McLean does not do enough.

McDonald was far better than McLean and he is coming along nicely.

Gould should have played. At least then we would have had an option for Toby or he could have played on Hogan. Blakey could have played on Cadman the and run off him.

Harry; I know lots of people like Harry. He has been a wonderful player but Greene won the game off his own back and Harry was his opponent. After Ollie got toweled up in the first half Horse thought it was a good idea to put Harry on him. Not a good idea. I could have told him that from previous experience of seeing Harry play on him. I think Greene kicked at least 4 on Harry in one half if I remember rightly. He @@@@e on him. What's more Harry is finished. Time to bite the bullet

I have started to notice a trend in Heeney's game. If he sprays the first shot, something he sometimes does, He goes missing.

Horse; I think his game plan has been worked out. The opposition now take measures to stop our going down the guts. Not only that we rely on Ollie, Lloyd and Lizard coming out of the backs but they have not been able to run and carry because of several things. One is they all have to take dangerous players due to injury. Two is our opponents cutting off options and squeezing us. Three is no run from our players upfield, especially late in games. When the opposition gets a run on we have problems trying to combat them. But Horse's moves are predictable. Mills to HB loose in defence. This takes him out of the mids are was crucial today and probably lost us the match when Greene, O'Halloran and Green got really going in the last. He stuck Parker (who could hardly run as he had run out of steam), Rowbottom and Chad into the mids and it will not change unless Paps goes there but he did not today.

Horse had two young mids in the team. It is obvious that Gus is not a forward. Play him in the mids or don't play him at all. Let him learn his craft in the reserves. Same with Sheather. He is a big strong boy and a good inside mid. Much like Dawson. But of course, Dawson never played mids for us either did he. Now he could win the Brownlow as a mid, something I have been saying for years. GWS have blooded their young mids, O'Halloran etc in the mids not at half forward and it is paying off. Our core mids spend far too much time in the middle and do not get enough rest. This makes our midfield predictable. When Paps goes in or Heens it changes it up. The same would apply to Sheather and Gus.

Next week;

Out: Harry. If we had someone to replace him I would say McLean as well

Senior Player
    So glad we took the midfield bull Sheldrick over van Rooyen, another first round special by the Swans
    Laughable. He's 19 and you've written him off. Van Rooyen took 3 years to get a game

- - - Updated - - -

He’ll spout out the same old passionless monotone crap we’ve been hearing for the past 11 seasons

No doubt he’ll use the phrase undermanned
    You revel in it

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We played a spare in defence again. All game!. Why?. It just invites the ball into their forward line.
    Yes Mills and we missed him around the stoppages. It was a terrible decision as it limited our mids. Heens went in there but he was non existent today.

games are won at the coalface not defending goal.

Senior Player
    We had 63 to their 48 inside 50s. GWS seemed to be issuing more invitations.