Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New AFL CEO

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    Now I’m not saying he’s the right bloke (I genuinely wouldn’t know) but I find it interesting that there’s a large amount of criticism directed towards the league for conducting a broad search before opting for Dillon. Had they just appointed him without putting it out there, the criticism would have been deafening.

Might be worth giving the bloke ago before firing too many shots…
    Not saying he isn't bright and competent

I wouldn't mind seeing a master plan or something.

I heard that they have learnt from the mistakes of GWS and GC, and will not build a team from draft concessions, but rather trade in somehow.
    Ironically the GWS/GC draft route was devised because previous attempts like the Brisbane bears didn't work with a trade in model.
    In my opinion the draft way worked pretty well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a master plan or something.

I heard that they have learnt from the mistakes of GWS and GC, and will not build a team from draft concessions, but rather trade in somehow.
    Ironically the GWS/GC draft route was devised because previous attempts like the Brisbane bears didn't work with a trade in model.
    In my opinion the draft way worked pretty well.
    (For Tassie)

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Not saying he isn't bright and competent
    I’m not saying that is what you’re saying BF, in fact I’m not targeting any one poster in particular.

Don’t get me wrong, my blood boils as much as most on here when it seems that decisions are made that are in the best interests of Vic or ‘traditional footy state’ clubs.

But there’s been plenty of chatter on social media about the Boys Club and Andrew being an Old Xaverian, links to Lethlean, etc. Then there’s lots of Swans fans spruiking Tom Harley as a good option due to his Swans experience. I wonder if Harley spruikers realise that Tom and Gillon both attended the same private school in Adelaide?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    I’m not saying that is what you’re saying BF, in fact I’m not targeting any one poster in particular.

Don’t get me wrong, my blood boils as much as most on here when it seems that decisions are made that are in the best interests of Vic or ‘traditional footy state’ clubs.

But there’s been plenty of chatter on social media about the Boys Club and Andrew being an Old Xaverian, links to Lethlean, etc. Then there’s lots of Swans fans spruiking Tom Harley as a good option due to his Swans experience. I wonder if Harley spruikers realise that Tom and Gillon both attended the same private school in Adelaide?
    No worries V. Fair point although Tom has spent little time in Melbourne over his journey.

The book ' the lucky country' is about Australia in the 1970's.
    It's story is that Australia is bloody lucky to be well of considering the poor quality of our leaders were.
    I feel the AFL is like that a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12