Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 8: the other games. Well, at least it starts off well.

Round 8: the other games. Well, at least it starts off well.

I haven't really got any time this afternoon, so I'll just start the thread off very briefly, by saying that apart from tonight's game between Carlton and Brisbane, there's not really much that appeals. Maybe the Saturday night clash between the Giants and the Bulldogs? Maybe it might be interesting checking the Port v Essendon score while we play Collingwood? Other than that, it all looks pretty one-sided. Though I suppose there might be some sort of pleasure to be had, in checking out just how far West Coast and Hawthorn have fallen?

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Geelong v crows could be interesting. Crows have the forward line to test Geelong's defence as long as they break even in the middle.
    On the other hand, I don't want either team to win: cats because of our recent history and the crows because of Judas Dawson.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Lots of press about the rivalry between the Giants and the Bulldogs. I'm getting on in years and my memory ain't as good as it should be. Is the "rivalry" only because everyone realizes that the the umps got the Bulldogs over the line against the Giants in the 2016 Preliminary Final or is there something else I've forgotten?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Lots of press about the rivalry between the Giants and the Bulldogs. I'm getting on in years and my memory ain't as good as it should be. Is the "rivalry" only because everyone realizes that the the umps got the Bulldogs over the line against the Giants in the 2016 Preliminary Final or is there something else I've forgotten?
    That's where it started. Bulldogs were publicly against GWS from the start. Giants we 10 points up with a few minutes to play and choked. I was sitting amongst a group of bulldogs supporters. A more unruly toothless set of numpties I have ever seen.
    Follow that up with a bit of bont roughing up, a bit of Toby karate, it's kept going.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Toby Greene roughed up Bont heavily, after the Bont put a hit on Nick Haynes a few weeks before that left him with a fractured larynx.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Why were Carlton wearing the giants away strip tonight?

Is it a Silvagni thing?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Why were Carlton wearing the giants away strip tonight?
    The strips came as part of the trade deals for the ex-Giants players now at Carlton. Watching the game last night
    it seemed such a pity we couldn't have got Josh Dunkley. He can play. It was somewhat a hangover from his
    grumpy dad's relations with the club, right?

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    The strips came as part of the trade deals for the ex-Giants players now at Carlton. Watching the game last night
    it seemed such a pity we couldn't have got Josh Dunkley. He can play. It was somewhat a hangover from his
    grumpy dad's relations with the club, right?
    Edit: Upon reflection, I decided to remove my orginal post, surrounding unsubstantiated draft tampering rumours with Dunkley, as this may well breach legal governance with this site which I do not want to push.
    Last edited by KSAS; 6th May 2023 at 10:11 AM.

Suns v Demons is a fun game. Demons keep skipping away, Suns keep coming back at them.

Gotta love Rowell's inside work.

Senior Player
    If we play tomorrow with the passion and desperation that Gold Coast just did, that'll do me.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Gee the Suns got cooked by the umpires. They were so good and deserved better.

I’ve said before I thought Noah Anderson will win a Brownlow. Watching him go up against Oliver and Petracca was a pleasure. What a gun.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast