Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Rd 8 vs Collingwood Magpies @ MCG - Match Thread

[QUOTE=Maltopia;866264]Why don’t they rotate more players through the midfield? Put Parker in the forward line for two CBA and put Hayward in to get him involved.

Many of Parkers disposals are random hopes. I noted 3 handballs in a row in the 3rd that went nowhere to end up with a Pies player. Hayward might be a good option sometimes, but maybe Parker has lost that high extension extraordinary hangtime

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    No definitely not. Papley doesn't want to be associated with Joffa. He pleaded guilty to luring a minor to his home for sex. Absolutely disgusting human being.
    And could you think of a better dress choice, if you genuinely wanted to send a feral mob into an apoplectic rage?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well, I've read all the posts to this point and there actually appears to be lots of positives to come out of yesterdays game. I feel better about the loss. I'm sure the club will work on the crap kicking, the apparent lack of 4 quarter fitness can't be fixed overnight but we won't be playing top 4 teams every week so there are better times ahead this season.

I think next year our expectations should be higher.....we will be fitter (we better be!), Bud will be gone so our forward structure will improve as well and the young guns will be a year bigger and stronger. We may well be bullying teams from next year onwards.

As for the umpires, they are who they are.....we can only hope they get their heads out of their Victorian arses and improve.
    I'm glad you've managed to read all the posts Stevo, I wonder if you can manage to watch the game and let us know if some of the skills on display were of AFL standard?

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I like not to think there's not a racial element to it (and please don't think I don't think that can happen - my views on the Goodes stuff is well chronicled on here); rather an utter mindlessness that also saw the Pies fans boo Jason Horne Francis earlier in the year.

But . . . I'm curious at Buddy being booed worse than Papley - which I understood given earlier events.

And I'll always remember a really good line from Brendan Goddard during the Goodes saga, when he said (to paraphrase): I think it's racially motivated and horrific; but if you don't want to accept that, then you're bullying someone on a national stage, which is just as bad.

The simple fact is this is Bud's last year. There is no player in my 30 years of watching AFL who's brought as much pure joy to the game and fans as he has. Crowds should stand, applaud and bow before him for the rest of the season - and simply say thanks.
    +1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    I am big Buddy fan.

I think there is some booing of him because of tall poppy syndrome and the fact that he has not delivered in finals and is taking a huge salary relative to his performance.

Some general AFL fans are thinking he is taking the piss by playing on and doesn’t deserve the final year and dollars.

Does not justify the booing, but gives a possible non-racist explanation.
    Long shot...not sure Pies fans think that deeply.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I agree. I was disappointed and annoyed by that childish and ineffective roughing-up of Daicos. For no other reason than that he is an excellent player and has been a key part of Collingwood’s success this year.

Our players just wasted energy. And ensured an inevitably hostile opposition crowd became a venomous one. I think the rough-up was the genesis for the subsequent booing (certainly of Papley).

Plainly stupid tactic. I had thought our club was better than that.
    I agree we wasted energy roughing up Daicos but that still doesn't justify the booing of Buddy.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I'm glad you've managed to read all the posts Stevo, I wonder if you can manage to watch the game and let us know if some of the skills on display were of AFL standard?
    Next match I watch, I'll get back to you....but it at least sounds like the endevour was there on the weekend. I was at the Geelong game and neither their performance or endevour were of AFL standard.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Next match I watch, I'll get back to you....but it at least sounds like the endevour was there on the weekend. I was at the Geelong game and neither their performance or endevour were of AFL standard.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233