Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 9; the other games. Boo and hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Three-quarter time at the MCG, and even mighty Geelong are struggling with a large contingent of players out. They’re actually resorting to kicking into the forward line with long, hope-and-pray forays, and missing sets shots for goal. Who knew, if you took enough of the right players out of a squad, a team would look a shadow of themselves? It’s deja vu all over again!
    Whilst I wouldn’t put it past them to come home with a wet sail, their young and inexperienced players seem a bit too young and inexperienced.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    I wondered why they were losing. The injury ridden Eagles have also got their problems. I don't even recognise about half of their side.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Now 12 to 3....it's as if the Eagles are a Victorian team!
    Eagles fans still seem to think they're being shafted, though.

Veterans List
    Three-quarter time at the MCG, and even mighty Geelong are struggling with a large contingent of players out. They’re actually resorting to kicking into the forward line with long, hope-and-pray forays, and missing sets shots for goal. Who knew, if you took enough of the right players out of a squad, a team would look a shadow of themselves? It’s deja vu all over again!
    Whilst I wouldn’t put it past them to come home with a wet sail, their young and inexperienced players seem a bit too young and inexperienced.
    Who'd have thunk it? Yet we beat the Tigers by 44 pts with similar outs. Tonight's game will give us confidence.....I reckon we'll thrash the Dockers.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    If the opposition received one free kick in the entire game the Eagles fans would consider that shafted.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    They're a weird mob.

Mate they lost by 4 goals not nearly 100

Veterans List
    West Coast in dire situation. Play Hawks next week in Tasmania for the Harley Reid Cup, WC got no hope, will be a Hawks % booster.

Richmond beating Geelong!

Gold Coast and Richmond now above us on the table, albeit we haven't played yet this week.

re: the booing of Buddy, thanks for raising it Deja.

Given it was the first game at the MCG v Pies since the fateful Goodes game, it’s hard not to link and compare the two.

I got extremely p1ssed off by a journalist this week describing that as booing that Goodes “felt to be racist” Not that was actually racist. Seriously I couldn’t believe it.

The problem with Buddy is it’s extremely unclear why he was being booed. It’s not like the Pies fans singled just him out. They boo a lot of players. But that doesn’t mean it wasn’t though.

I don’t think the AFL is improved by booing but I can understand the motivated booing such as Tom Stewart by the Tigers fans, where there is a genuine reason.

If that reason is racially motivated then it needs to be stopped.

I think the booing of players ”for no reason” such as our booing of Ginnivan last year - should be strongly discouraged.

With Goodes the problem was inaction by the AFL so that the booing took on a life of his own and forced him out of the game, possibly forever. I’d rather they erred on the side of caution with Buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by H2F View Post
    Mate they lost by 4 goals not nearly 100
    The current Richmond side lost to us, despite injuries, by 40+ points, so they’re not really comparable in Premiership class to a full-strength Geelong playing at Kardinia Park.
    What I’m saying is, you take enough players out from the strongest side, they’ll struggle.

Veterans List
    Well looks like North are also in injury hell. The news said they finished with 1 player on the bench and another could be suspended.

Well we lost 3 players against Port through injuries.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Thoroughly dislike both clubs but Carlton/Poodles is turning into a ripper game!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast