Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 9; the other games. Boo and hiss.

I’ve woken up feeling a bit dirty having cheered the Dogs to win that - but can’t stand Carlton and it was just too funny - 10 points at half time, come back to gain the lead, then lose and half the fans leave early. Could be wrong (it was whisky time last night) but I think the fans were leaving when they could still have kicked 3 in about 5 mins to win.

Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    I’ve woken up feeling a bit dirty having cheered the Dogs to win that - but can’t stand Carlton and it was just too funny - 10 points at half time, come back to gain the lead, then lose and half the fans leave early. Could be wrong (it was whisky time last night) but I think the fans were leaving when they could still have kicked 3 in about 5 mins to win.
    Didn't see the match, but Offsiders, in a segment on booing, just showed pictures of the Carlton fans apparently booing their own team. So, seems like things are going off the rails there. And their injury list seems only about half as bad as ours.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Didn't see the match, but Offsiders, in a segment on booing, just showed pictures of the Carlton fans apparently booing their own team. So, seems like things are going off the rails there. And their injury list seems only about half as bad as ours.
    Maybe Charlie Curnow would like a move to Sydney…?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Yes they booed the team at 1/4 time and half time. (That's after booing them at 3/4 time last week and then going home). I just saw on the news that they also booed Cripps after he missed an around the corner snap at goal with his opposite foot that went straight to the opposition. They really are a strange bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yes they booed the team at 1/4 time and half time. (That's after booing them at 3/4 time last week and then going home). I just saw on the news that they also booed Cripps after he missed an around the corner snap at goal with his opposite foot that went straight to the opposition. They really are a strange bunch.
    Seems very childish of them. And I'm not sure that the Carlton players would be all that impressed or motivated.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Seems very childish of them. And I'm not sure that the Carlton players would be all that impressed or motivated.
    They are truly strange, even among the big Melbourne clubs.

Collingwood fans were always bogan and feral, but love their team. Richmond fans went strange from finishing 9th for, like, 30 years straight it seemed - but they were strange in a funny, understandable way. The Bombers fans I always found quite polite.The Hawks fans were insufferable (but honestly who could blame them given their success in the AFL era).

But Carlton fans were something special. They are the most entitled, ignorant, deluded group imaginable who cheer on every act of Hari Kari the club commits, always forgetting the disappointment that followed the last false promise and then getting bitter and resentful that the new dawn never arrives.

Could David Teague coach? I don’t know but he did two years with a pained and inferior Cripps, no Curnow, and targeted Hewett and Cerra as he knew he had an average midfield. But he had to go. Can Voss coach? I don’t know but according to them, he’s the problem and has to go.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    They are truly strange, even among the big Melbourne clubs.

Collingwood fans were always bogan and feral, but love their team. Richmond fans went strange from finishing 9th for, like, 30 years straight it seemed - but they were strange in a funny, understandable way. The Bombers fans I always found quite polite.The Hawks fans were insufferable (but honestly who could blame them given their success in the AFL era).

But Carlton fans were something special. They are the most entitled, ignorant, deluded group imaginable who cheer on every act of Hari Kari the club commits, always forgetting the disappointment that followed the last false promise and then getting bitter and resentful that the new dawn never arrives.

Could David Teague coach? I don’t know but he did two years with a pained and inferior Cripps, no Curnow, and targeted Hewett and Cerra as he knew he had an average midfield. But he had to go. Can Voss coach? I don’t know but according to them, he’s the problem and has to go.
    That might be a basis for an interesting psychological research project. Are certain personality types attracted to different clubs, or does involvement in a particular club mould a person's personality? To investigate the proposition, we cadged season tickets to Marvel and the MCG, while also spending long nights at a range of pubs around Melbourne.

Veterans List
    It's been a strange round for reportable incidents.

1. Cripps was fined $1000 for pulling Bailey Smith's mullet. (A shame he didn't cut it off!)

2. Collingwood player Nathan Murphy was fined $1500 for pulling down the shorts of Cadman. (Surprise surprise when Cadman retaliated a free was awarded to Collingwood.)

3. Lachie Hunter was fined $1500 for yelling abuse to a Hawthorn player from the interchange. He ran outside the interchange gates to the edge of the boundary line to yell the abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    It's been a strange round for reportable incidents.

1. Cripps was fined $1000 for pulling Bailey Smith's mullet. (A shame he didn't cut it off!)

2. Collingwood player Nathan Murphy was fined $1500 for pulling down the shorts of Cadman. (Surprise surprise when Cadman retaliated a free was awarded to Collingwood.)

3. Lachie Hunter was fined $1500 for yelling abuse to a Hawthorn player from the interchange. He ran outside the interchange gates to the edge of the boundary line to yell the abuse.
    I wonder if Smith has his mullet insured?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123