Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 10 - Pre Match Thread - vs North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, Saturday 20 May, 1:454 PM

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Anyone on here fit enough to fill a hole in the back pocket? It’s truly that dire.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    So now onto Norf in the early game next Saturday.

Last year Norf had been dreadful, everyone had been getting big percentage boosts against them. But they came up to the SCG and gave us an awful scare, from memory we were lucky to get out of it.

This year Norf have been dreadful providing a percentage boost to their opponents and it's us heading down to Marvel with a looong injury list. Fingers crossed Norf continue to be a rabble, maybe Buddy can find some form under the roof against them, four goals would be nice.
    Given last year's SCG game against North, I consider this a danger game. Our injuries could be telling.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Anyone on here fit enough to fill a hole in the back pocket? It’s truly that dire.
    Jarrad McVeigh still looks pretty fit ....

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Can Will Gould play forward? Francis seems a better defender than forward, as an interceptor and given his dodgy set shot.
    Don't recall Gould playing as a forward. He's kicked the occasional goal, but I think most of them have been roosts from between 40-60 out. If Ladhams is fit, then perhaps he comes in; then him and Hickey can share the tall forward and ruck roles. If not, McAndrew makes his debut in the ruck and Hickey spends much of the game playing as a forward.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Don't recall Gould playing as a forward. He's kicked the occasional goal, but I think most of them have been roosts from between 40-60 out. If Ladhams is fit, then perhaps he comes in; then him and Hickey can share the tall forward and ruck roles. If not, McAndrew makes his debut in the ruck and Hickey spends much of the game playing as a forward.
    Melican might be ready to come back in. Francis could then go forward. I agree with whoever said Francis looks like a better defender than forward, but we may not be in a position to be picky.

I think that Francis should play in defence. Maybe the Swans should play a small forward line with Buddy and McLean up front bringing the ball to ground.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Melican might be ready to come back in. Francis could then go forward. I agree with whoever said Francis looks like a better defender than forward, but we may not be in a position to be picky.
    It will be interesting to see whether Tom McCartin is back. Otherwise, I'd rather Melican come in for Gould and Francis stay back. I think that makes us much more solid than Melican and Gould back there with Fox, and I'd rather us focus on growing Francis in that interceping role.

Re forward, agree with deja above - time for two rucks, McLean as a forward with Buddy.

We need to find a way to get more out of Hayward. Maybe time for a look at Hall-Kahan - either as sub or for Sheather.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Agree with you re the approach to the forward-line.

The question was semi-rhetorical/facetious, but Gould is not looking at all good as a defender, so I wonder whether there's a remote chance he could be re-tooled as a forward. There are plenty of examples of players originally tried as forwards moving back - Barry, Grundy, Richards, McCartin, but fewer the other way.

On the veteran's list
    If Tom McM and Ladhams are fit then they would come in plus Gus and Dyl for Mills, Logan, Sheather and Gould. Even if Tom and Pete are not fit, the outs should be the same. Maybe McAndrew comes in with Cory Warner.

The Gould question has been settled once and for all. He’s like so many footballers, he’s found his level one grade down.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    One thing we will have to watch for the year is not cooking the players we have left, or it risks carrying over into 2024. As much as the limited list allows, we will need to occasionally rotate and manage players, via rest or time on ground.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Opposition ruck this week? The still highly effective Goldstein will generate plenty of drive for Norf.

Given Norf's form the past two months I can't believe this could even remotely be a danger game but ..........

Yikes!!

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Opposition ruck this week? The still highly effective Goldstein will generate plenty of drive for Norf.

Given Norf's form the past two months I can't believe this could even remotely be a danger game but ..........

Yikes!!
    ... they did jump a couple of seasons ago.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast