Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Rd 10 vs North Melbourne @ Marvel - Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Watching the last two minutes again, I can say Hugh Greenwood was very lucky he didn’t have a HTB paid against him, leading to the stoppage before the interchange breach. Dragged the ball in, lay on it and made no attempt whatsoever to get it out.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    Actually I thought there was an infringement to McLean and we were getting the free for that. So I was confused by all the mike work.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Watch the first quarter of 2014 GF and the first 10 minutes of this game they are an exact copy. Not imagination at all. A coach being suckered.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Watch the last 10 minutes of the 2012 Grand Final where Clarkson has an extra behind the ball. We were magnificent that day, but it was inaccuracy that cost hawks the game.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    To those at the game, did Buddy move up the ground during the game or was it just that the whole forward line was pushing back to help on defence?
    From my perspective, it looked like a positional move, and it seemed to get Buddy move involved in the game.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

From all reports that kid was touted at top 5 before injury.

Good on North he was thrown in the deep end to show what he had After the weekends stats we cant talk about all the opportunity a poor side like North has when they just destroyed us in all the stats that matter, scoreboard aside.

Im with others here, ill judge kids for the 1st time after their 3rd year in the system. Van Rooyen could still be nothing, Oscar Mc was going to be anything and is playing VFL, Ronke was going to be anything but was judged too early.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    From all reports that kid was touted at top 5 before injury.

Good on North he was thrown in the deep end to show what he had scoreboard aside.
    Who are you referring to?

After the weekends stats we cant talk about all the opportunity a poor side like North has when they just destroyed us in all the stats that matter,
    How does one decide which are the stats that matter?

Veterans List
    Love the title of Titus O'Rielly's Norf V Swans summary:

'Team that can’t do basic maths (90) v Sydney (93)'

But this next bit wasn't so funny because it's true:

"While things were bad for North, things were worse for the Swans.

They’ve gone from competing for a premiership to being relieved they just managed to beat North Melbourne and needing them to be mathematically illiterate to do so.

That’s a fair drop off."

I'm still not that upset though since we do have nearly half of our best 22 either out injured or playing with injury.

https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/the-...-round-ten2023

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Horse said afterwards that Bud took it on himself to do that, and go help win the game. I get the ongoing debate about his decline, but he was certainly invested on Saturday, and he made some big plays in the last quarter.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Horse said afterwards that Bud took it on himself to do that, and go help win the game. I get the ongoing debate about his decline, but he was certainly invested on Saturday, and he made some big plays in the last quarter.
    Yep, played ill last week and had that knee knock a few weeks ago....I tip my hat to him. I think we'll see further improvement in the coming weeks too.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yep, played ill last week and had that knee knock a few weeks ago....I tip my hat to him. I think we'll see further improvement in the coming weeks too.
    I suspect the knee isn't quite right even now. If you look at the training gallery photos from last week, you can see him with the knee bandaged in the way they often bandage posterior cruciate-affected knees.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I can state unequivocally that according to RWO consensus the stat that matters the most is the free kick count, which we won handily.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Who are you referring to?

Assume the tongue in check response but the midfiled stats matter, clearances, stoppages. Those translate to more inside 50s, cleaner entries, furst use etc.

Listen to Nathan Buckley if you dont like to hear it from me

George
    George Wardlaw Draft Profile - Aussie Rules Rookie Me Central (formerly AFL Draft Central)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I can state unequivocally that according to RWO consensus the stat that matters the most is the free kick count, which we won handily.
    Lol and which has enraged Norf fans …