Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 10 vs North Melbourne @ Marvel - Match Thread

Well that was sweet. I don’t have any sympathy for North fans. They can all go home and watch the replay to check if they lost.
    Gulden is one of the most chilled and composed players in the competition, he’s really terrific and is a sublime kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Not specifcally the interchange cap but yes they brought in the penalty for infringing on changeovers
    In actual fact the umpires had no choice but to give the free as the Interchange Steward had made the infringement known. If the umpire had not the result could have been reversed on appeal.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We’ve had horrible luck this season, it was nice to have some come our way.

Veteran Site Admin
    Something of a hollow win, but it was a win, nonetheless.

Parker was wonderful. But quieter in the third quarter but he picked up again in the final term.

Buddy was excellent too. I'm not talking about his goals, but more his chasing and tackling. He's not the Buddy of a decade ago, or even two years ago, but he showed today he still has value.

McAndrew showed he could adapt to the pace of the game, and seemed to run the game out ok. He was decent in the air, but I most liked the way he stayed in the contest and got stuck in when the ball was on the ground. With our other two rucks trading various maladies and injuries, he can stay for a while.

Blakey and Warner were a bit patchy, but both got going in the final quarter. Errol wasn't flawless but delivered magic at times.

Fox, McInerney, Florent all pretty solid.

The rest were all a bit meh - though Heeney did also stand up in the final quarter to provide some crucial moments.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Not all the concussions.

Not a medical/fitness professional so cant comment on the hammys but we did just come off a GF/shortened pre season
    Three concussions. The rest are Soft tissue and Rampe's neck. Concussion is just bad luck, although I think opponents target the McCartins

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Not all the concussions.

Not a medical/fitness professional so cant comment on the hammys but we did just come off a GF/shortened pre season
    We tarted ball work first week. Very unusual. Pity we didn't start goal kicking practice

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Oh wow....how conceited of you. I just don't think you agree with me mate...that's what forums are all about.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow again....how conceited of you too. Move on and pick on someone else. Surely Horse hasn't had enough crap yet?
    Never said a thing about Horse
    i said Mid coach,if your not watching the games at least read all the forum

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    In actual fact the umpires had no choice but to give the free as the Interchange Steward had made the infringement known. If the umpire had not the result could have been reversed on appeal.

I was replying to Stevo who said "By the way, wasn’t that rule brought in because of us having 19 players on the ground briefly at one point against, ironically, Norf? The name Jesse White comes to mind", was not commenting on the rule or the free as it applied in-game.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

One thing I was shocked/frustrated to see was that with around 90 seconds to go and Blakey streaming forward, he hooked the ball into our forward line 25 meters out directly in front and it was marked by the North defender who read the play first. His opponent... James Rowbottom...

I know we are struggling to field a side most weeks, but surely we can do better than James Rowbottom playing at FF or forward pocket... lol.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Nice to get the 4 points i havent seen Longmires press conference as yet but hope he hasnt got a big smile on his face we are on par with west coast , hawks & Kangers looking at
    the stats for the game they were clearly the better side , they had 15 compared to our 10 on their injury list & the side we had in should have accounted for them easily.
    Once again we had alot of passengers & our set shots this year we are ranked 17th we can thank our captain courages Parker,fox,buddy,blakey,gulden,warner,ollie & a great effort by
    first gamer McAndrew, we have a lot of work to do if we want to even get close to the top 8

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Three concussions. The rest are Soft tissue and Rampe's neck. Concussion is just bad luck, although I think opponents target the McCartins

You have acknowledged our three concussions and Rampe’s neck are not fitness issues.

We now have two nasty ankle injuries. Both caused by horrible twists on landing in marking/rucking contests. Both (I think) as a result of landing on an opposition player’s foot. Nothing to do with fitness.

Plus Roberts (knee) and Sheather (foot soreness) not obviously linked to fitness (though possibly).

So are you only referring to Reid (long injury history) Amartey (ditto) and Mills?

I agree our fitness seems down this season given our frequent last quarter collapses. And it appears as if a couple of players are playing with niggles. But our significant injury list of players on the sidelines seems to be mainly plain bad luck.

The North die-hards are good people.
    Was a bad way to loose for them.

Not the finest of ways to win for us.

A lot going wrong for us this year, will leave it to greater minds than my own to pontificate why.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast